T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kindda of interested in T-Shirt business...Lots of thkz from this forum...I've learnt alots of new things...Currently learning on photoshop & illustrator...Quite tough...Any tips guyz...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would stick to Illustrator first as i think it's an easier package to learn and easier to print low cost t shirts from, i.e. vinyl cut rather than screen printing as you need a fair bit more money for screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Photoshop truly has endless possibilities and a plethora of options to do things with. Although the majority of people I know that use Photoshop are self taught they aren't utilizing nearly half the available options and tricks it has to offer. My best advice to you would be to pick up a Photoshop for Dummies book at Amazon.com depending on which version you have. The book really spells things out for you in plain english step by step. You'll be a pro in no time. This was a great guide for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Adobe Classroom in a Book for Photoshop and Illustrator. They are rather expensive, around $45 each. Both come with a cdrom full of files that accompany the tutorials. These books are second to none... seriously blowing the "dummies" series out the water. These are books I was sat down in front of when first learning the programs back in college ten years ago.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums, supreme! I think you'll find lots of help here with whichever graphics program you end up using.

I just bought CorelDraw to brush up on my vector graphics skills.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thkz guyz....The other day I went to the library & borrowed photoshop & illustrator books..I also bought some magazine from Borders..Finally stumble into video tutorial...It's fascinating...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Before you start setting up artwork in either application just think about how you're going to finally print your designs. I currently print using vinyl so i can only really use illustrator for that as you need cutter guides etc. if you're screen printing then i guess you could use either app.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts