T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and I am so happy to have found this forum. I have been hunting for information on an easier way to trim Jet Press opaque transfers other than scissor or xacto. I read that a vinyl cutter would do it and checked several of them out on line and figured that the Craft Robo would do the trick. After reading several threads I noticed that some of you use the Craft Robo and I would like to know if it is easy to use and how difficult is it to understand the software. I have only been doing t-shirts for a couple of months and have a Stahls Mighty Press and use an HP office jet for printing and have only used double green line and opaque transfer paper but would like to try the vinyl as well for fleece. Any feedback would be helpfull before I actually buy one and someones experience with one is better than reading the spec sheet. Thanks to everyone for all the information you share here as it has helped solve other problems I had starting out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use a Craft ROBO to cut vinyl transfers, although I have been sending them out for others to press, can't say they have told me of any problems with the actual transfers. Guess I am going the opposite way to you as I have only just ordered a heat press this week.

I create my designs in illustrator and can cut to the robo directly from that. The vinyl I use is from a company called Stahls and it weeds quite easily (that's where you remove the vinyl that is not part of the design after the cutting has taken place). The robo can only cut to a width of 200mm (inches?) length can be up to 1 meter supposedly.

I haven't used the software that comes with it though so can't comment.

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and info on the robo. I have'nt worked with vinyl yet but hope too when I get a cutter. I have only printed on jet wear for light shirts which is very easy to work with but the opaque has to be trimmed and then the backing taken off before pressing so I thought the robo would be a good tool for that. I hope to hear from somebody that uses the software for cutting so I can determine the difficulty in learning to do it. I have read that it's like using a printer and will read marks on the design and then cut it. I have Adobe Photoshop 4 and am working with it to learn how to use the tools. This forum is great for a beginner like me as you can learn what not to do as well.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rodney and I checked the thread out but those cutters are too big for what I need to do and I would still like more info on the craft robo as I think it may be what I am looking for. I already got conned into buying a 24" cutter that the sales person said would definitely cut paper and I am in the process of returning it to them. Not a nice company to deal with on returns either! I will buy from another place that has better customer service as well.:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was also wondering about the craft robo cutter. I was looking into using opaque transfer paper with my art and text. Does it require to be in vector format to cut images?
Or can i just use it straight from photoshop? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts