T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum but in my reading of the posts, I have been impressed.

I have 4 years experience in the screen printing business. I work for a good friend of mine who started the business 10 years ago.

On a rare occasion, we will have a customer place an order and when they get the order home, they call back and say the sizes are too small and need a size larger.

What I want to know is how do some of you that have had this problem before handle it. Is there a procedure that you go through at the beginning of the order to ensure that this doesn't happen. I want the customer to be happy, but it is their responsibility to order the correct size.

Thanks,
Trey

·
2,957 Posts
Hello csg21, and welcome to the forums!

I am not a screen printer, but a loyal customer of one. Coming from the customer side of things, I would never expect a printer to take back merchandise, give me a refund, or even a discount on my next order, for something that is completely and totally my fault. The situation that you describe is completely the fault of the customer. I think it is ridiculous for a customer to even suggest such a thing. They should have made sure that the sizes they ordered would fit their needs.

I have never run into this problem because (no offense to you) I could always get a cheaper price by buying the shirts myself and taking them to the screen printer to get screened. But even still, would never think of asking the printer to remedy the situation where I ordered a size smaller than I should have ordered. So I would just tell them, as nicely as I could, that you would be glad to give them another run on the next largest size for the price that they just paid!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I've seen a couple of things happen:

1) The printer reorders and reruns the wrong sized shirts to make the customer happy

2) The customer has to reorder the right sized shirts (either at full price or a discount)

·
Registered
243 Posts
If the customer placed that size totally on their own, live and learn. If you directed them to a certain size, then that could be questionable... and maybe split the difference. If you guys printed the wrong size, then a rerun is due.

Couldn't have been too large of a run? Haven't seen a large run in just one size... ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank all you guys who gave input on this topic. If there are any other screen printers who would have anything to add, I would highly appreciate it.

Trey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts