T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
If you're not afraid to work with some code, you can use and customize some shopping cart software. I'm using zencart (www.zencart.com) which is free and works pretty well. Only my friend and myself worked on it; it did take a while to get everything set up how we wanted, but its working fine now and it didn't cost us anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Really. So - if I were to design my own web-site I would just plug this zencart into that? Does it have all the 'tooling' for credit cards? Will it also track like inventory and stuff?? I'm going to check this out. Ideally I want to design my own website - I did for the first 3 months while I learning how to start this business! Then I decided to jump on the Yahoo banwagon per my friends recommendation (who is doing very well w/ a Yahoo store).

Thanks for your feedback - if this seems very excessive then I need to reconsider. I'll let you know how I make out!

Thanks,

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Zen cart works wonderfully as a shopping cart, and can be hooked into paypal to accept credit cards. The problem with Zen Cart is that it is dificult to customize the layout of the site, because the php that they used to write the cart is jumbled and confusing. Basically, if you are going to use Zen Cart, you will have to use the layout that it comes with, and just ajust the colors to your color scheme of choice (unless you are an experienced php user).

I use paypal shopping cart, because to me it is more important that the site looks hip and cool, than to have a perfectly integrated shopping cart.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.