T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've recently opened a t-shirt store online (working on week 1) called www.tshirthub.com. I'm focusing on funny-unique vintage-style t-shirts I design myself.

I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the t-shirt forums community and asking lots of questions! I would love for this to become a full-time job for me and am taking it very seriously.

Since I'm not quite experienced at internet sales - or retail for that fact please forward any comments/questions about my site. I've only started with 5 designs for now - but am adding designs weekly as my artwork is approved and I feel good about the design - dozens & dozens waiting to be published in my store.

Couple questions - does anyone have a read on what the funny vintage t-shirt market is doing right now? Is it cooling down or still strong? Does anyone have good/bad experiences selling t-shirts online w/ yahoo merchant solutions?

Figured it would be a good start.

looking forward to your replies!!

WWW.TSHIRTHUB.COM

·
Registered
38 Posts
TSHIRTHUB said:
Thanks Birdman - appreciate the feedback. Keep checking back - ton's of designs will be added soon.

Mike
www.tshirthub.com
I like your shirts a lot, too. My only comment, which probably isn't that helpful, is about your pricing. Pretty expensive right off the bat, and to offer free shipping on 3 or more shirts seems odd when there are only 4 total shirts to buy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback Ptees! I know - around $20 boogies is a bit pricey. I have modeled my site after a few major presences in the vintage tee business and they seem to be getting that so I figure I'll at least give it a go.

I'm still in the beginning stages - I've spent about 6 months designing shirts and trying every affordable web-design option out there. Finally broke down and did Yahoo Merchant Solutions which got me up and running real quick.

I'm taking it real slow right now - lot's of shirt designs to follow....and I may decrease my pricing when I'm ready to let all my friends/family know about it. Nothing's set in stone yet.

Keep on checking out the site - about 3-4 more tees out by end of next week.

Thanks again - Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like you site. That Dilf shirt had me cracking up over at tshirtcountdown. How did that work out for you? How long did it take for Dilf to make it to the front page?? Like your designs. I'm using Royal Apparel shirts on the east coast (like American Apparel...) - fine-jersey t-shirts.

Are the FOTL t-shirts relatively inexpensive? Royals' kind of up there...partly why my shirts are around $20. Like the site - and the designs. Funny.

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
TSHIRTHUB said:
Like you site. That Dilf shirt had me cracking up over at tshirtcountdown. How did that work out for you? How long did it take for Dilf to make it to the front page?? Like your designs. I'm using Royal Apparel shirts on the east coast (like American Apparel...) - fine-jersey t-shirts.

Are the FOTL t-shirts relatively inexpensive? Royals' kind of up there...partly why my shirts are around $20. Like the site - and the designs. Funny.

Mike
www.tshirthub.com
Thanks a lot, man. FOTL are pretty reasonable - that's probably why we can afford to have slightly lower prices - good point. The DILF sales are coming along nicely, although there is definitely a bridge to gap between the people who think it's funny and the people who are actually willing to wear it in public:D Didn't take too long for it to get to the front page of tshirt countdown, although I'm still a little unclear on how the voting process works over there...

Anyway, I'll keep checking back on your site and I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should check it out - it's all right there on their website. I think it's like $20/month to start....but then to incorporate Merchant Solutions you have to pay more....like $40 per month. And then it costs another 30-40 per month to use credit card processing.....then you have to pay for an e-mail capture service.

It's alot because you pay for it right off the bat...but I guess that an investment in your idea as you develop your site.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Total overhead for the system is like 80 bucks per month....then you pay CC fees on each sale.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well - all that includes web-hosting, shopping cart....EVERYTHING included in running the t-shirt store. Not only payment processing. That's my total overhead for the web-presence. Maybe you're right - maybe I should just use paypal. I'm still learning - will research some more.

Thanks!

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Registered
389 Posts
Does Yahoo charge you for anything else besides the web services and payment processing? I mean like do they print your t-shirts or do you print them yourself?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No - I'm responsible for the shirts. How are others doing this more cost effectively? I chose yahoo because it was quick and easy. Although it is limited design-wise (the site itself)....I figured it was a good way to get out there quick with minimal time and money investment.

Do you have a site up yourself? My plan is to start making a little $$ then get a much nicer site up and running on my own - without Yahoo. If you do have a site up - how did you incorporate all the pieces together?

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts