T-Shirt Forums banner

New Member NEEDS HELP!

144 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  anajetdeb 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I am new and am looking for some experienced advise. I just purchased a whole whack of equipment from Stahls.ca. A GCC EXPERT 24 LX vinyl cutter is one of them. I went out a bought a brand new PC with Windows 8 (as that is what it came with). I have spent the last week trying to install the software to my computer. When I put the disc in, nothing happens. No "new hardware was found" nothing pops up.. nada. I was told maybe my auto-run or auto-read wasn't turned on, on the new computer. So I did that, and still nothing. Now, I'm not a computer whiz, so maybe there are some steps to take that I am unaware of. Or maybe this has happened to many people before and I simply need to return the vinyl cutter and software to stahls.ca? I have sent an email to Stahls tech support but they take forever to get back to you. And are only open from 8-5pm for support.. not so great for situations like mine. I am hoping maybe someone out there has experience this same problem and can help me out either fixing it myself or confirming that I should just return the software.. or attempt to.

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
Only thing you could try is to right click on the cd drive and then right click on setup and click on properties. After that go the the tab that says "comparability" and run it in a different windows mode and see if that works. But if the company has a website maybe they have a driver download page with windows 8 drivers... other than that im not sure :(

Sent from my GT-I9300T using T-Shirt Forums

#3 ·
Hello Everyone!
I am new and am looking for some experienced advise. I just purchased a whole whack of equipment from Stahls.ca. A GCC EXPERT 24 LX vinyl cutter is one of them. I went out a bought a brand new PC with Windows 8 (as that is what it came with). I have spent the last week trying to install the software to my computer. When I put the disc in, nothing happens. No "new hardware was found" nothing pops up.. nada. I was told maybe my auto-run or auto-read wasn't turned on, on the new computer. So I did that, and still nothing. Now, I'm not a computer whiz, so maybe there are some steps to take that I am unaware of. Or maybe this has happened to many people before and I simply need to return the vinyl cutter and software to stahls.ca? I have sent an email to Stahls tech support but they take forever to get back to you. And are only open from 8-5pm for support.. not so great for situations like mine. I am hoping maybe someone out there has experience this same problem and can help me out either fixing it myself or confirming that I should just return the software.. or attempt to.

Thanks guys!
You can go into your windows explorer (looks like a yellow file folder on the bottom left of your screen) and access your DVD/CD Drive. Allot of times it is drive D or E depending on what you have installed.

From there you want to click on the Autorun and you will see the installation menu on your screen.

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time getting hold of someone. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

#5 ·
Hello all, I am new to the T-Shirt business. I need help with everything. I am doing sublimation and looking for the correct t-shirts and a better heat press and a good press. The one I purchased is too small and I am working in a shoestring budget. Looking forward to new ideas. Thanks!
does not connect the usb cable to the computer, right click on my computer, open, right click on the drive d:, you can click auto run or right click and select explore, then click set up, make sure you select the driver for the version of windows you have, 32bit or 64bit.
if you still having problem send an email to this guy, he work for gcc: Carlos Duran <carlos.duran@gccamerica.com>
He can remote to you computer and set it up for you

#6 ·
I also bought a new computer with windows 8, non of my old programs work on it. First I updated to windows 8.1.
I had to spend $ to get updates all almost all programs for them to run. My Adobe/cs4 showed corrupted disc ~ which they are not they load just fine on another computer.
Put disc in go to my computer, click on the disc drive and see if it is there.
May have to wait for Stahls to respond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.