T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. My name is Erin and I am excited to be joining the t-shirt forum community! Over the past couple months, I have been working on starting my first t-shirt selling business and this forum has really helped me learn the ins and outs of the industry.

I’m not sure if this request is allowed here but I would love to get some feedback on the t-shirt designs and colours I am considering starting with.

Here is the link to survey if you would like to participate. Thanks in advance! Lakeside Survey

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
lemme guess, you are in ontario?
that is not a slight, or a bad thing, just helps us to suss out your audience/customers

all of your designs are hard to see on the tee's and there is no option to zoom
making it hard to choose if you like/don't like, i can't imagine how they look on a phone-type device

they also all look like they are on the back of the garment (short or long sleeve), and the designs are simply pasted over top the garment image

i bailed before finishing, sorry

nice setup to get the survey though, probably would work if the items were a known commodity (whopper vs. bigmac)

don't give up, most people do not like surveys, just make a normal landing page with your tee's and the zoom function enabled

unless it works for others and they can clearly see the designs and text,
then ignore me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is not a slight, or a bad thing, just helps us to suss out your audience/customers

making it hard to choose if you like/don't like, i can't imagine how they look on a phone-type device

they also all look like they are on the back of the garment (short or long sleeve), and the designs are simply pasted over top the garment image

nice setup to get the survey though, probably would work if the items were a known commodity (whopper vs. bigmac)

don't give up, most people do not like surveys, just make a normal landing page with your tee's and the zoom function enabled

then ignore me

then ignore me
Appreciate the feedback!

Yes, I am located in Ontario. All of the designs are back placements with the exception of the sleeve design. Noted on the zoom function - unfortunately Google Forms doesn't have this feature but I will definitely work on a landing page instead. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
i had that option of back placement when i first started, and nobody really wanted them
go online, or to a store, or look at the general public, and you will find the vast majority are front chest (unless name and number type sports jerseys)

so i ended up all front and sometimes a smaller 4"x4" (or 2"x2") design on the back just under the collar
like a simple set of oars, or a stylized sun, anchor, logo design, etc. (see images below)
this is just a little bonus for your customers and separates you from other competitors (can be done super fast w/htv)

one of the exceptions to this rule was zip-hoodies, where i sometimes do a small left chest design and a larger design on the back
pull-over hoodies got the full front chest logo and maybe a little something hidden under the hood on the back

we both have the same genre and audience, although i am in the process re-jigging all my designs
but i took my old site here out of maintenance mode if you want to see some designs, and i can let you know our top sellers

kiss

i finished your quiz (i think i did ok, depends on whose marking)

Arthropod Insect Font Spider Parasite

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had that option of back placement when i first started, and nobody really wanted them
go online, or to a store, or look at the general public, and you will find the vast majority are front chest (unless name and number type sports jerseys)

so i ended up all front and sometimes a smaller 4"x4" (or 2"x2") design on the back just under the collar
like a simple set of oars, or a stylized sun, anchor, logo design, etc. (see images below)
this is just a little bonus for your customers and separates you from other competitors (can be done super fast w/htv)

one of the exceptions to this rule was zip-hoodies, where i sometimes do a small left chest design and a larger design on the back
pull-over hoodies got the full front chest logo and maybe a little something hidden under the hood on the back

we both have the same genre and audience, although i am in the process re-jigging all my designs
but i took my old site here out of maintenance mode if you want to see some designs, and i can let you know our top sellers

kiss

i finished your quiz (i think i did ok, depends on whose marking)

View attachment 275119
Thanks so much for the advice on the shirt/hoodie designs! And thanks for sharing your site - very cool. Yes looks like we have a very similar audience so great to know the insight you shared. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.