T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member and introducing myself.
How much do people really want embroidery on clothing? I am debating on getting a machine, one head of course to start.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
mamats said:
How much do people really want embroidery on clothing? I am debating on getting a machine, one head of course to start.
Embroidery doesn't come up very much on these forums - I don't know if that suggests anything or not (probably not).

Personally I wouldn't embroider a t-shirt, but I wouldn't use anything else for a hat, and I'd go with either embroidery or screenprinting for a bag... but that's me. I do think that's probably not unusual for my demographic, but there are other demographics.

Embroidery is great for work uniforms for example. A lot of flower and animal tourist shirts seem to use it. As I said it's a must for hats. If you're running a promotional company then I think it's a great addition to the business... other angles I'd think twice, but it certainly can be worthwhile.

What kind of things do you currently do? Why do you want an embroidery machine? How much work would you need to take in to make back the investment?

I do think it's potentially worth it, just some things to consider if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Here's a topic that talks about whether there is a market for embroidery on t-shirts:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=41

I don't know if that necessarily reflective the whole embroidery market, because people still order embroider over screen printing for several things: polos, hats, visors, etc

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
so this site covers everything with t-shirts? coool..but its still american based right and im a brit.
We have members around the world. Canada, UK, Australia, Sweden, China, US, etc.

If you have a t-shirt question, I'm sure we have somebody that can answer it :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
There seem to be more members from Melbourne than any one city. Not many Brits for some reason, but there are several with experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts