T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I belong to the DSSI (dye sub) forum.

A little about my wife and myself. We started screen printing in 1997 when we needed t-shirts for our 4-H summer camp - cost too much from local screen printers - so we started The Shirt Works - running it from our house - yes a home based business. Then while attending the ISS show in Long Beach CA in 1999 we purchased a cap press and a clam press. We started doing some heat transfers. We also got into the sublimation printing at the same time.

We changed our name from The Shirt Works to The Ink Works because we were producing more that shirts. We screen printed on shirts, sweats, tote bags, aprons, etc. We also heat transfer on to shirts, sweats, totes and caps. Also, sublimated onto mugs, tile, wood, mouse pads etc. Since we were using three different types of inks renaming our company The Ink Works was appropriate.

Since time a lot has changed. In November 2004 we purchased a house in Kimball Nebraska and in June 2005 I quit my day job with a major corporation after 27 year and moved to Kimball. We purchased a 900 sq ft building for $9000 and are now doing screen printing, heat transfers, sublimating, cut vinyl lettering, banner, and specialty printing on to specialty papers using our Epson 4000.

We are trying to balance our products for are starting to do more heat transfers - especially for the small orders.

Anyway, I am excited about learning from those member of this forum in the heat transfer process -

Kent Worker
Kimball, NE (Western Nebraska)
www.theinkworks.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts