T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am very new to this, but I will try. I am starting my own t-shirt design shop and I need few pointers. I know that I am not suppose to post any links in the forum but I would like people to see my web site so they can give me some pointers on how to improve it. I am open to eny suggestion or recomandation. Thank you all. Juraj
http://gavurnikart.com/

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Hi Juraj, Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

As explained in this post, you are welcome to post your link in 2 places (here in the Member Introductions forum and in the Site / Design Review forum).

If you're looking for feedback on your website, the Site / Design review forum would be a great place to start.

My first suggestion would be to link your images on the front page to the actual place where a person can buy that design (or at least bring them closer to buying the design). The artwork is very cool...good luck with your shop!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, everyone. Thanks for the input. I am still in the process of fine tuning my web-site. I have actually two stores where I post my shirts. One in the US and one in the UK. I tried to link the images directly from the home page, but I opted for the current version. I reserved the home page link for linking to information about the designs which I will add later this month. Thank you for your reply Juraj.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
I tried to link the images directly from the home page, but I opted for the current version.
The natural thing for shoppers to try to do is click the images on the homepage. Not linking them to anywhere could very well turn shoppers away from your store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a pint there. I will get my Indian programer on it and have him redesign the front page so the images link. Thanks for the tip. Anyone else, have any suggestion?
I am looking for some catchy name for my web site. . . I described the design motives as: Tribal tattoo art meets astronomy and mythology.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Well, your name should probably be the same as your domain name (which you already have).

If you're going to pick a different name, you may want to get a different domain name to match your site name. I'll send you one idea I just thought of via PM :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome man. This forum is awesome.

I checked out your site and I have a few comments and suggestions:

First, I really like the style of tee you show in your UK shop, and you got a pretty psychadelic color scheme there. I dig.

Any reason you split the shirts into categories like that? Like, what does it mean to the customer? You could probably get away with putting them all on the front page, and probably should to maximize your chance of a sale unless you're going to be adding tons of shirts in the near future. Also, try to place the prices and maybe a short description of the item underneath.

At the moment it's a little sparse but I'm sure you'll fill that stuff in nicely. Keep it up!

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rabid Brian. Actually I will add more designs to my shop as soon as I will have more time. I know that my website looks kind of half baked (which it is), but I am slowly improving it. As a matter of fact that is the main reason why I posted this post, so I could get as many suggestions as I could. The designs are grouped in this fashion because each one of them represents a story in Clasical Mythology that accompanies each planet. (I will write more explenation about each designs later). Thanks for your suggestions, I will work on improving the layout of my website. Juraj

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there. I am very new to this, but I will try. I am starting my own t-shirt design shop and I need few pointers. I know that I am not suppose to post any links in the forum but I would like people to see my web site so they can give me some pointers on how to improve it. I am open to eny suggestion or recomandation. Thank you all. Juraj
gavurnikart.com
Welcome Juraj...I am new member myself.

I have a small printing business in Horseheads, and deliver to Ithaca each week.

Good luck to you...if I can be of any assistance at any time, please feel free to contact me [email protected]

Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts