T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Debbie and I'm a frustrated DTG Kiosk II owner, hey this kinda sounds likes AA for Garment printers:)! I'm just here looking for better ways to solve my DTG issues than spending hours on the phones or waiting for a call from support. Am spending lots of time and money keeping my machine running and getting really tired of it, whew, that feels better already! Anyway just hoping to learn something to help keep me going and not give up on this machine, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
ink flow, bad nozzle checks, dull ink printing
here are some helpful posts

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t122078.html

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t119910-9.html#post716516

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t120753-2.html

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/belquette/t85827-4.html

how many prints are doing a week?? Are you having to turn away business because you are afraid the printer won't work?

Trust me we have been there.. we switched to the Belquette Bag System and couldn't be happier..

You don't need WIMS or the Bulk Ink.. we converted and besides some human error everything has been great..

No ink starvation!!
1 perfect nozzle check in the morning..
Excellent ink flow..

You use the entire bag no need to add new ink with old ink (see pic below)

Here are some pictures of how we converted. I suggest you try this out.. (if you are no longer under warranty)

Direct To Garment Printers by BelQuette

You will have to contact Belquette for prices every machine requires different items.

The shelf was made by us (free)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you ever have to shake bags? Is it hard to do yourself? How much is the ink after conversion? How long is shelf life of ink? I really need something like this and I am VERY interested in converting,thanks soooo much for info!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
ink costs are on the website..prints rite bags.

the conversion costs are gonna determine based on your needs.

you will need :

new ink lines

bulk cable chain (black piece)

leveling or shelf

possibly new dampers

You can do just the white and then change to colors. We decided to do it all at once. So you will not be able to use your bottled ink...

you shake the white bag once in the morning (no need with the colors) when they start to empty out you need to prop them up another person here on the forums Tahoe "Adam" Tomahawk uses Lab Jacks so there is no need to prop them up. We didn't have the space for it so we built the shelf.

trust me you will be happy with this set up

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I am not sure.. I never had the bulk ink to me its just bigger bottles potential for the same problems. Thats how I see it.. When we decided to do this, we had no interest in the WIMS or Bulk Ink because of how many problems we were having with the machine and ink delivery..in our case we were losing yellow and with no help and no real solution except changing out the ink lines (200$) after researching about the bags and how we needed new ink lines anyway we decided it was the best solution for us.

the bag system eliminates the air getting in which is a big reason you get ink starvation and clogs... it also eliminates the need for the leveling game you play with the bottles(bulk and WIMS) because you are adding new ink to old ink. With the bags you are using it in its entirely no contamination from old and new ink.

Here is a link that Adam (Tahoe Tomahawk) posted about the MOD-1 the DTG printer that Belquette makes that already has the bag system. Adam also has 2 Kiosks that he converted to the bag system.

You can see how well the bags print...

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/belquette/t121824.html

The propping that you is just to get every bit of the ink out of the bag you can switch out the bags whenever you want but we like getting everything out of it we can so we are wasting ink.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all who answered my questions! I am seriously gonna change over to a new ink system and will probably go with the bag system after all your helpful comments, have a Happy 4th of July!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more question, do you use the same dampers with the bag system? I am in need of two new dampers and am ordering some tomorrow, should i get extras in this order if they use the same ones? Thanks for All you help!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
You are welcome.. I suggest you get the "Enhanced Dampers".. they are $10 each from Welcome to DTGInks.com..

Epson

Also, I recommend you get all your parts from dtginks.com.. we have shopped around they have the best OEM Epson prices available. If you see the capping station is sold in its entirety for $25.00 other places separate the parts ..like the wiper and sell them at higher prices.

best of luck.. email me [email protected] if you have any other questions.

Happy 4th to you too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the same problem with ink flow, bad nozzle checks, dull ink printing.
I give up and sell mine.. i just ANAjet Sprint now perfect no problem , if i have issue i call the support and they answer very good, they actually sent technician to my place to have a look on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts