T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was trying to get information on screen printing I came across heat pressing and I think that I am going to begin my small business venture with the heat press first.

If anyone has some helpful tips I'd be very grateful. I am looking to buy a used heat press at least 15x15. I am thinking about doing my marketing beginning with a large flea market and as a vendor at a weekly town outing. I am going to look into software for my computer to design the prints. Also if anyone has advice on the paper I should use there is a lot of conflicting opinions.

THANKS

· Registered
41 Posts
There are papers for light and dark garments. They also come in different sizes. You can use vinyl material as well-- not sign vinyl. The vinyl material doesn't curl up when next to the heat press machine. The other one is a pain in the butt!! But just a warning, you have to factor your cost with the electric usage. Heat press machine takes up a lot electricity. We only turn the machine on once or twice a week. We accumulate the heat press orders, scheduled the time of the day in that week to do them (usually Thursday or Friday just in case something goes wrong), and do it once or twice a week. Rush order is always a pain but that is why they get charged more!

I hope this helps a little :)

-- Olde Lady

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks it does. I never even thought about the electric usage. I was considering two papers: jetfelx 25/$23 and Iron All 50/$88...any input on those two? Also is there a special store that I can get them from other than online?

· Registered
41 Posts
As I was trying to get information on screen printing I came across heat pressing and I think that I am going to begin my small business venture with the heat press first.

If anyone has some helpful tips I'd be very grateful. I am looking to buy a used heat press at least 15x15. I am thinking about doing my marketing beginning with a large flea market and as a vendor at a weekly town outing. I am going to look into software for my computer to design the prints. Also if anyone has advice on the paper I should use there is a lot of conflicting opinions.

THANKS

I'm in the East Coast and I am satisfied with RPL supplies. I usually get my stuff delivered from them the next day and they pretty helpful with questions.

Their prices are reasonable and listed on the website as well. I usually try to get discount when I order large quantities of stuff and they are able to give some discount when I asked. I usually spend over $2000 and sometime over $5000... maybe that is why I got my discount:rolleyes: Regardless, you should check them out and see what they can recommend you.

-- Olde Lady

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.