GCC Jaguar
GCC Bengal
Refine MH Series
Creation PCUT
Laserpoint
Copam
Ioline 300
Graphtec CE-5000

There may be others but this is our short list. Nick Horvath is working on this as we speak as well as early next week.
Does anyone know if these recommendations were ever posted?

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Important Update -

Based on your feedback and our testing it appears the issues some are experiencing in cutting the material cleanly is directly related to the quality of the blade, mainly the sharpness.

I don't have a bunch of blades here, but I do have a Roland Factory Blade and a cheaper Chinese manufactured blade that we were evaluating.

After test cuts all on the Roland GX-24 with both blades, the harder, better quality blade performed perfect. This was tested on a high detail graphic at downforces of 90, 110 & 130, all with perfect success. We also varied speed from 20 cm/s to 50 cm/s without any change in result. We only tested a 45 degree, but my assumption is that a 60 degree would perform the same (we'll test it).

Now when we did the same tests with the cheaper chinese manufactured blade, we experienced failure at all of the settings. From perforated cuts to small details popping off, it wasn't successful.

So - we have to do more testing, but I wanted to provide an update as I know it....please don't get discouraged with your cutter or the material....source a sharper, higher quality blade and the results will improve drastically.

We'll be evaluating different blades from different manufacturers and hope to have some suggestions in the coming week or two.

Lastly, if you're not willing to upgrade your blade we have an entire line of materials that will work with less expensive blades...a good solution would be Sportfilm Lite, however it does not have the super soft feel and/or stretch that Premium Plus has. It does still have the manufacturer direct price advantage.

Thanks
Josh
Hey Josh....did you test this across various colors? There seems to be variations in success depending on the colors used (i.e Navy vs. Neon Pink or Red vs. Black). I've personally noticed a big difference between Neon Pink and Navy for example....everything else being the same on back to back cut jobs..

· Registered
818 Posts
I've given up on Premium Plusmuntil the carrier tack is increased. It just isn't sufficient for fine detail work. A stickier carrier is better for that application. I love the hand and application of the material, unfortunately small detail was lifting and couldn't be returned to position reliably enough. I'm going to try Sport Film Lite. I hope it's hand is close and tack is superior. I returned the three 10 yard rolls I purchased.

I will be back when the carrier is changed. Unless, of course Spprt Film Lite is the cat's meow. :)

· Registered
78 Posts
I've given up on Premium Plusmuntil the carrier tack is increased. It just isn't sufficient for fine detail work. A stickier carrier is better for that application. I love the hand and application of the material, unfortunately small detail was lifting and couldn't be returned to position reliably enough. I'm going to try Sport Film Lite. I hope it's hand is close and tack is superior. I returned the three 10 yard rolls I purchased.

I will be back when the carrier is changed. Unless, of course Spprt Film Lite is the cat's meow. :)

I really like SportFilm Lite.

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi I was just wondering if you guys have any current promotions or coupon codes for heat applied vinyl? We really like Stahls vinyl!

My business partner and I are just starting up our heat transfer T-shirt business (we just launched our website yesterday) and are looking to save some $ if possible.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Hi I was just wondering if you guys have any current promotions or coupon codes for heat applied vinyl? We really like Stahls vinyl!

My business partner and I are just starting up our heat transfer T-shirt business (we just launched our website yesterday) and are looking to save some $ if possible.
Thanks for choosing us for your opening order! We usually don't run any promo codes on heat transfer film. We operate with an exclusive online discount by product. Almost every film is discounted between 2-15% when ordering online.

If you want to PM me your opening order, I can see if there are any other creative ways to get you the best deal.

Thanks again and we look forward to the business!

· Registered
13 Posts
Josh, thanks for getting back to me. I see that Stahls' has online exclusive pricing. I was just hoping maybe you guys had a "holiday special" or something.

We put in our order this morning, not huge (mostly 1-yard(s) of Fashion Lite and a few sheets of Premium plus). In sampling fashion lite and premium plus previously we didn't like how much harder prem. plus is to weed and that the mylar backing isn't as sticky as Fashion Lite.

Can't wait to get it and start pressing! Hopefully our business becomes really successful and that we develop a great business relationship with Stahls'.

if you have time, please check out our website and let us know what you think: frontiermetropolis (dot) com
Any feedback or input will be appreciated.

· Registered
107 Posts
Josh, thanks for getting back to me. I see that Stahls' has online exclusive pricing. I was just hoping maybe you guys had a "holiday special" or something.

We put in our order this morning, not huge (mostly 1-yard(s) of Fashion Lite and a few sheets of Premium plus). In sampling fashion lite and premium plus previously we didn't like how much harder prem. plus is to weed and that the mylar backing isn't as sticky as Fashion Lite.

Can't wait to get it and start pressing! Hopefully our business becomes really successful and that we develop a great business relationship with Stahls'.

if you have time, please check out our website and let us know what you think: frontiermetropolis (dot) com
Any feedback or input will be appreciated.
What issues are you having weeding Premium Plus? I havent seen any issues yet with the stock i have. I have really enjoyed Premium Plus and compared to the other vinyls i have used I love the feel. Nothing feels as soft imo

I am in Edmonton so if there is anything i can ever help with let me know!

Grov

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Thanks for choosing us for your opening order! We usually don't run any promo codes on heat transfer film. We operate with an exclusive online discount by product. Almost every film is discounted between 2-15% when ordering online.

If you want to PM me your opening order, I can see if there are any other creative ways to get you the best deal.

Thanks again and we look forward to the business!
Josh / Nick....any update on the weeding issues that some of use have been experiencing? Any feedback on the comments regarding the difference in adhesion between the vinyl and carrier sheet on different colors?

I would really like to give this another try but I've already put a new blade (a couple of them) and a new cutting strip on my GX24 and had markedly different results from one color to another. I can understand if there were some variations between colors and / or batches of material in the beginning but hopefully those type of variations would work themselves out once the production process got going and tweaked. I'm a bit hesitant at the moment. Any thoughts?

· Registered
4,483 Posts
Yeah the feedback on this just petered out. I was hoping to hear some recent experiences. If colors are cutting differently from one another that would explain the chaotic results I had with the samples. I wouldn't mind trying it again since most of the samples were used up (wasted) trying to figure out what settings to use. In the end I don't know if I found the right settings or if I just got lucky on the last piece.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
We're still exploring modifications and the potential trade offs. When we have a new version that we think will address the concerns here, we'll announce and ask for some beta testers. We are still getting a good percentage of folks ordering the material 3+ times and reporting success. There is also a good percentage of shops who started ordering Sportfilm Lite instead of Premium Plus to address the detailed cutting concerns and still get a cost savings.

Have you all tried the Sportfilm lite?

Trust me, we're exploring all options...but want to do due diligence to address concerns of those unhappy without trading off features that the "reordering" customers like.

We do appreciate your desire and willingness to try the product again!

· Registered
1,749 Posts
We're still exploring modifications and the potential trade offs. When we have a new version that we think will address the concerns here, we'll announce and ask for some beta testers. We are still getting a good percentage of folks ordering the material 3+ times and reporting success. There is also a good percentage of shops who started ordering Sportfilm Lite instead of Premium Plus to address the detailed cutting concerns and still get a cost savings.

I really...really love the video support provided for the various products....they are quire helpful.

Have you all tried the Sportfilm lite?

Trust me, we're exploring all options...but want to do due diligence to address concerns of those unhappy without trading off features that the "reordering" customers like.

We do appreciate your desire and willingness to try the product again!
Thanks for the update Josh. I'm very glad to hear there is still work being done to address the concerns some of us were having. I have tried the SportFilm Lite without issue so it is something I will be using more of when I reorder replacements for my other materials I have in stock. However, the color selection, price and feel of the Premium Plus was awesome...I just couldn't get it to cut / weed consistently on some colors it seemed.

This year I plan on expanding my heat press work so will be doing more work through Stahls CadCutDirect and Transfer Express in the near future. Not to get off topic but am also going to see if I can still get some samples of the SuperFilm for the CCH2O process which I think would be awesome.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

John

· Registered
76 Posts
I see that the last post on this thread is over a year old. Is there any update on some of the weeding/cutting issues reported in November/December 2011?

I read some earlier posts (June/July 2011 on pages 25-27) where users were having the issue. I jumped to the last page and saw reports of the same issue.

I ordered several rolls of the material in various colors. I cut designs in white and in black - simple text - not very fine or detailed. Weeding was a nightmare - so many letters lifted up to the point that one design had to be trashed. BUT - I believe it is users's error because due to unawareness, I did not have my Puma III setup with Josh's recommended settings. After the design cut so badly I decided to do a search on the forum to see if other users had a similar problem and found this thread.

It appears, that several users had similar experiences. I will change blades and set my machine up per Josh's recommendations and try to cut the design agan. I hope I have better results.

· Registered
1,965 Posts
I see that the last post on this thread is over a year old. Is there any update on some of the weeding/cutting issues reported in November/December 2011?

I read some earlier posts (June/July 2011 on pages 25-27) where users were having the issue. I jumped to the last page and saw reports of the same issue.

I ordered several rolls of the material in various colors. I cut designs in white and in black - simple text - not very fine or detailed. Weeding was a nightmare - so many letters lifted up to the point that one design had to be trashed. BUT - I believe it is users's error because due to unawareness, I did not have my Puma III setup with Josh's recommended settings. After the design cut so badly I decided to do a search on the forum to see if other users had a similar problem and found this thread.

It appears, that several users had similar experiences. I will change blades and set my machine up per Josh's recommendations and try to cut the design agan. I hope I have better results.
Please let us know how your weeding went after you dialed in the settings.

Thank you,

Nick

· Registered
3,906 Posts
I cut out a pretty tight detailed design and didn't have too many issues, but I used the settings recommended by Josh. I love the feel of this stuff on fabric. Thanks for reposting this thread because I couldn't remember what it was called and wanted to get some more of it.

701 - 719 of 719 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.