T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told DTG have two new machines in the works.
Not to sure if it was supposed to be secret, but i wasn't told to keep a lid on it so i thought i may as well spill the beans.

I've been pushing to get a confirmation on delivery times, prices etc and got an email back to say a kiosk v3 and another unnamed wide format(a3) printer is in the works.
both will have a
conveyor platen drive system for higher production. they will both have a new WIMS system, don't know what that is, and they will also have a pressurised ink system.

the wide format printer has been in testing and they are happy to put that into production so 10 systems have been ordered from epson to be converted.
One good thing seems to be that during the development phase one of the wide format machines was left for two months and after a power clean the machine was running fine again.

I'm certainly going to put my hand up to get one, if not the first one :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Simon,

Just wanted to let you know I have moved this post out of the forums as we do not allow posts about products that arent actually out yet. The reason for this is that sometimes a company will be having a product built and for one reason or another it doesnt materialize. This type of post just builds up anticipation for something that may or may not happen, and we like to stick to products that are actually out and working. Hope this explains this well. :)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks
BobbieLee

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i certainly hope the machine is going to coming out as the bank just gave us the money and i have sent in the purchase order.
These machines are being built here is Australia by DTG and we have a pretty good relationship with the dealer, so i don't for a minute think its vapourware.
Once it arrives I'll do a post with some more information.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would love to see a post when you recieve it with your feedback on the machine :) The reason we dont allow posts about a machine until its out is that alot of times people will use the forum to build up hype about a product, and sometimes they dont come out. But I would love to hear about your machine once you get it. If you need any help with anything once you get it, or even now feel free to post asking, we would be glad to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts