T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This FYI is taken from an email I rec'd --

Feels like sublimation on fabric (no plastic feel) but made using standard inks. SO SOFT, you won’t even know it’s on the fabric!
Truest color matching! In a side-by-side blindfold competition, SOFT-FEEL WON HANDS DOWN over every other paper on the market! Best color, ease of transfer, ease of peel, hand feel, washability and ironability.
You can even re-heat (iron) directly on the image… that’s how permanent it is! It just won’t melt! Amazing durability! Put it to the test yourself! Your customers will be thrilled with the quality.
Even works great with generic inks!
Exclusively from Powerful Papers, Inc. You can’t find this anywhere else!
Works with ALL FABRICS: 100% Cotton, 50/50 Blend, 100% Polyester, EVEN Silk and Wide Weave Canvas!
For T’s - Mousepads - Totes - Puzzles, Silk Scarves, Drapes and more… Does not affect the feel or drape of the product.
Apply with ANY Heat Press - even a HAND IRON!

the product becomes available June 19th ---
I am going to check it out and will let ya'll know
hopefully it will be better than -- Can't Miss Ink Jet Transfer Paper that they offer . . . in plain words -- that stuff is NASTY . . .*ugh*~ . .

Diane :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its from -- Exclusively from Powerful Papers, Inc. --

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK . . I ordered some 'Soft-Feel' Transfer paper today . . . it should arrive by Friday . . I'll post another note after I check it out . .

Diane ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Saw it, Bought it, Tried it. I think this is the next generation of paper. Don't bother with their opaque though, It's about the same as everybody elses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you tried the iron-all? Is it the same as that? Are you able to iron on this as well? I personally did not have any luck with the iron all. I probably printed about 6 out of my 50 pack. The 6 I did print felt nice when pressed but I just couldnt handle the hassle with it all. Is this stuff easier to print with? I guess Ill just order and try myself. Sorry for all the questions, haha.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry guys that it's taken so long with posting the results of the ink soft...
I've been a rubberband this pass week, with my daughter and my father both in the hospital at the same time . .
daughter is doing ok now and Dad won't be getting any better *sigh*~

ok my results with ink soft is NOT good ..
I followed the instructions to the T . . . and then I went by my own instructions -- either way . . this stuff is ----NASTY--- LOL*~
click here to see one of the test I did on a frosted pink Jerzee Tee
... I put the --ink soft-- up against QLT EZ peel . .
IMOP -- I'm still gonna stick with QLT EZ PEEL

I think the transfer paper is a tad to thin -- the C86 and the C88 (I have both) - doesn't keep a good hold the paper towards the end of the printing . .

I made contact with the GM off and on for the pass couple of days . .
in one of the emails -- she said I had to crinkle the Tee and repress the Tee to make it soft . . .*WHAT*~ . . I laughed .. . who in the H*** has time crinkle and repress? . . . give me a break . .
well . . I did another Tee -- yep I crinkled - repressed -- and crinkled and repressed and crinkled the 3rd time and repressed --- finally the pressed area was soft enough
then I spoke with the GM of the company and told her . . uuummm don't have time to crinkle and repress 3x's per Tee . .
and told her that I finished up an 58 Tee order that was front and back -- thats like doing 116 Tee order . . and your products needs to be CRINKLED & REPRESSED 3X's per shirt . .. . *ugh*~ I told her NOT IN MY LIFE TIME . . . . *LOL*~ . . . .

well guys . . guess... what product I WON'T BE PURCHASING any more of?!?!?!
however I did agreed to send her my sample tee and the transfer paper that ending up with a blob of ink on the corner

I still think QLT EZ is still the best I have found to work for me so far . .
....next week I will be checking out Laser Transfer paper to do Car flags . .

2 good things I can say about the products --- 1.) after 25 seconds (yes instructions say 25 seconds) press time -- there is virually no peeling off the transfer paper backing . . and 2.) I had NO ink bleeds/runs . . I tossed the sample tee in the washing within 30 minutes after pressing . .

Diane ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wonder why my last post didn't put a click here link in? . .hmmmmmmm*~

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've just finished some tests with this Soft-Feel transfer paper.
Here's what i found:
---has a hard time getting through my Epson C88 printer. At least 1 out of four got caught in the printer. Those that did make it through had great color and didn't chip like Iron All.
---the paper is very fragile; the image gets nicked very easily. DO NOT put a ruler on the image itself to trim excess--it really scratches it up bad. Don't rub your finger on it, don't bump it on anything, etc. This stuff is fragile, like Iron All.
---transferred according to instructions that came with the paper and the results have been great and pretty consistent.
---waited 24 hours to wash the shirts. Very slight fading and the image is truly VERY soft
---inasmuch as I was never able to get Iron All to work for me at all, a comparison is tough. But other than this paper being really fragile and a bit testy in the printer, it's pretty good. Will I use it as my main stock, replacing my Coastal paper? I'm not sure yet.
---let's all hope they come up with something like this soon for dark shirts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I looked for this stuff on visual-color.com and didn't see it. Did they change the name or was I at the wrong site. If this stuff is really compariable to iron-all I'd like to know where to find it, especially since iron-all can be hard to get ahold of sometimes.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
A quick response to this post...This soft feel paper is the same paper several others (soft peel, IronAll, Miracool, etc.) offer only it is under a different name. We (Coastal) have been approached several times to carry this paper but at the current quality/consistency we have not added it to our line. When you produce a soft transfer you remove coatings from the paper and one of the jobs of those coatings is to protect the paper during production/handleing. This kind of paper has been available for a long time however the "larger paper mills" will not produce this paper because it becomes flaky, fragile and is difficult to make consistent runs, not to mention package and handle the paper without "flaking" the coating off.

I also know that the reason some distributors frequently backorder this paper is because of issues in production and they (the current manufacturer of the paper) are tweaking the formula so you may want to resample the paper again once the new stock is available.

In our opinion the finished transfer is good and does leave a nice soft feel and is durable in the wash. However, the reasons we do not carry this paper are it has very inconsistant production schedule and the inconsistancy with the paper's coating. With the volume of paper we deal with, we feel that at its current quality the risks of carrying this paper outweigh the benefits. So...if you don't mind taking a risk that the paper will make it to you and through the printer without flaking...the final product is nice. But if you need a more consistant product there are several other options on the market.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts