T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a lurker for a while now and decided to go ahead and ask my questions. I know these may be elementary to you all, so I appreciate the help. I am planning on going into the heat press industry. I am looking to do primarily shirts. I would like to do some heat transfers on the fronts. Possibly send off for plastisol transfers. I would also like to do some sublimation shirts as well. (I learnt only poly) I would like to print or cut vinyl names and numbers for backs also. Just really would like to take full advantage tshirt wise with the heat press. Questions:
1. Will one program do everything from the designing standpoint. No matter if its a name/number, 2 color transfer, sublimation design? like coreldraw or illustrator.
2. Will I need 2 printers. 1 inkjet for heat transfers and 1 for sublimation ink?
3. The name and numbers on back....can this be printed on a transfer like the front of shirts or does it need to be cut from vinyl? just thinking of eliminating cutter if can.
Thanks ahead of time for info. Just overloaded on info last couple weeks.

· Registered
781 Posts
I have been a lurker for a while now and decided to go ahead and ask my questions. I know these may be elementary to you all, so I appreciate the help. I am planning on going into the heat press industry. I am looking to do primarily shirts. I would like to do some heat transfers on the fronts. Possibly send off for plastisol transfers. I would also like to do some sublimation shirts as well. (I learnt only poly) I would like to print or cut vinyl names and numbers for backs also. Just really would like to take full advantage tshirt wise with the heat press. Questions:
1. Will one program do everything from the designing standpoint. No matter if its a name/number, 2 color transfer, sublimation design? like coreldraw or illustrator.
2. Will I need 2 printers. 1 inkjet for heat transfers and 1 for sublimation ink?
3. The name and numbers on back....can this be printed on a transfer like the front of shirts or does it need to be cut from vinyl? just thinking of eliminating cutter if can.
Thanks ahead of time for info. Just overloaded on info last couple weeks.
1) You could use one program...but photoshop is great to have as well.
2) Yes, you would need 1 printer for dye sub and 1 printer for pigment ink.
3)If on poly shirts, yes you can. But your colors will be limited depending on the color the shirt started out. (Most people use HTV for names and numbers).

Pick 1 thing and start with that....become very efficient at it. Then add the next thing and become efficient with that...etc.

Reactions: Dekzion

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I seem like Im trying to do too much at once. But Im just trying to learn everything possible to make wise decisions on purchases. I dont want to buy a printer or cutter for example and then in 6 months wish I would have got this one or that one because it would do both things or something I didnt know or think of. Just want to cover all bases as I go forward. May even get into sign or banner making in the future. So just trying to learn a bit about it also in case. I want buy what would cover everything possible for future possibilities. Learning a ton on this sight tho. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.