T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow america how are you. I am new here and i think this is where i say hello, any way im from Rochester NY and am probobaly an oldy here im 59 yrs old, I was looking into getting a press and i see a cheap one here for 160.00 any one use one of these ?. Also whats the difference from buying the iron on paper in the 10 packs and making your own pics on it and putting it on with a iron ?. I was looking into getting a mug press as well, i see them here for 125.00 are they good and i know with them you have to have certain ink and paper and i guess a special mug, any thoughts sugestions or comments, thanks poppabill.[email protected]

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Poppa,

One thing to consider is the width and length. The ones you're talking about must be on ebay right? They'll get you started, but as you move along with the business you'll want something more durable, and larger.

Also you'll need a teflon sheet to protect the garmet you're pressing.

No, an iron won't work. You'll have very poor quality, and your customers will call you everyday for a replacement.

The ink and paper work with quality too. If you want it to last look into Dye Sublimation. You can print on t-shirts using a standard Epson Printer, with transfer paper and the supplied ink, but it won't last as long, and look as pretty.

The Dye Sub. will cost a little more, and last a lot longer. You do want a Heat Press, and learn how to use it. You can find someone to teach you, or buy a good machine like Hot Tronix, Knight, or Proworld, and have them give you a training class.

Also, no offence but us older guys have to consider our neck and shoulders. A manual machine can cause a lot of pain, even after the first heat press session.

They have swing aways that help cut down on the tension, semi automatic and automatic heat presses.

If it's cost your concerned about, and really can't afford to buy even a used automatic, then buy the ones for $160, but keep in mind how much it will cost for an automatic, and as soon as you sell enough, buy it. You'll thank me later. I still have a neck pain from the heat pressing I did on Saturday. I only did 43 t-shirts one side.

If you want to save money on a Mug Press, you can buy Cactus Wraps and use them in your oven. They're basically a tempured rubber wrap that you wrap around a mug after you tape the printed transfer on it, screw it down and put it in the oven.

When it's done, you put it in cold water, and then peel off the transfer backing.

Give me a shout if you have questions. [email protected]

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.