T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading on this site for about a little over 2 weeks.. and I've been thinking of doing a t-shirt business for quite a long time (since middle school), but never really got serious about it.. (figured I should just do a stay at home job since Im in highschool still. From my understanding of research here. This is what I have for my set up that I will need.

Epson C88+
a 15'x15' heat press
and miracool (iron all) or transjet ii Transfer Paper.
and of course shirts.

so time for the questions.. (sorry haha.)

Im kind of on a budget here. so I remember reading that someone was talking about how they used a hand iron to start off. (muncheys?) ? I was wondering if there are any tips for someone who will be using a hand iron to begin with and later invest in a heat press. I've read and done a lot of research. so please dont give me a long lecture on how a heat press is the way to go. :rolleyes: .. I already know that... :) .. just dont think I have the funds currently. so like said, any tips for starting out with a hand iron? inputs on this one please. :(

another is. I understand that miracool or iron all tends to flake. the thing is, I am also selling simple transfers as well. so I wouldn't want my transfer paper that Im sending to flake. does anyone know what transfer paper maybe the best to send through mail without having it flake yet with good quality for my customer?? from research I think transjet ii is the way to go for doing this. can someone verify this? :)

so miracool and transjet are good for white shirts... but what transfer paper is good for black shirts?
(honestly I dont know what the difference between light transfer paper is and dark transfer paper. just know that one is used for white and one is used for black.. but what I dont understand is how it makes a difference as to the outcome? if an explaination can be given on this it would be greatly appreciated. :) )

and my guess also is that dark transfer paper should be used on colored shirts as well? :confused:

Im planning on selling on ebay for a start. any advice for that as well?

Thanks,
wiLL

this forum is possibly the most direct to point forum I've read. so far from what I read, people ask and others give them direct answers. thanks as this site helped me a lot!
although I wish I found it sooner. I bought an hp printer :mad: ... but I shall give that to my mother for her office work. :D

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hp pigmented? from everything I've read. everyone seems to say to go with the epson. also. (the person who says he was a rep for epson on every post, no offense) said that pigments wont smudge and are water resistant... I did that check that he showed to customers.. and mine bled.. so I dont think my printer is good enough.. ::shrugs::

hrmm alright forget the hand press then.. haha. what about question 2? for just selling simple transfers.

I can't get money for a heat press because Im providing everything for myself in highschool.. gas (and I have to commute about 35 miles of driving for school and back everyday.) and any other things that I may need to do.. yea still in highschool.. lot of things going on so yea..

Please dont forget inks.....this is going to be a major cost.
Durabrite for now, magic mix in the future. =D

thanks.. more inputs. ??

wiLL

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anyone tried using a hand iron for transjet transfer paper? I would like to see if customers would get good results with it if I do end up selling transfers as well... thanks.

if anyone could experiment with this I guess, or unless anyone has experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

once again, you guys are of great help.

wiLL

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.