T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I'm Stephen, and I'm new to t-shirtforums. I have been in the industry for several years and have the pleasure of working for Wild Side, one of the most popular heat transfer companies around. I welcome all to ask any questions about heat transfers and/or rhinestones. We have been perfecting new techniques to get the most out of our products. So, I'll be popping in the forums to share tips and tricks with you all, especially regarding interesting ways to combine heat transfers with other media to create custom art. Looking forward!

· Registered
17 Posts
Looking to find a way to overlay a rhinestone heat transfer over an imprinted shirt design. Plastisol ink. Everyone telling me there is no way to do it as it will not adhere or stay on after washing.

Any bright ideas? I'm open to trying.
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
10,809 Posts
We have tried this and have had some good luck placing rhinestones on plastisol transfers. I think it is something that you have to experiment with and get comfortable as to the limitations.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking to find a way to overlay a rhinestone heat transfer over an imprinted shirt design. Plastisol ink. Everyone telling me there is no way to do it as it will not adhere or stay on after washing.

Any bright ideas? I'm open to trying.
Thanks for your help.

This is something we have tried many times, and it can work. The main problem seems to arise from the rhinestone tape which adheres to the plastisol pulling it up from the shirt when pressing leaving horrible results. We have found that using a lower temperature (circa 320 degrees) can sometimes mitigate the issue. However, your best best to achieve this is to use plastisol and rhinestone combinations that were specifically made for this purpose. I'll PM you with some links that might help give you a better idea about what I'm referring to.

· Registered
845 Posts
Hello! I'm Stephen, and I'm new to t-shirtforums. I have been in the industry for several years and have the pleasure of working for Wild Side, one of the most popular heat transfer companies around. I welcome all to ask any questions about heat transfers and/or rhinestones. We have been perfecting new techniques to get the most out of our products. So, I'll be popping in the forums to share tips and tricks with you all, especially regarding interesting ways to combine heat transfers with other media to create custom art. Looking forward!
Thanks for this wildguy, looking forward your experience. I have a question, which type of heat transfer is better for t-shirt ?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for this wildguy, looking forward your experience. I have a question, which type of heat transfer is better for t-shirt ?
There are many types of transfers including plastisol, lithos, foil, flock and more. All of them have pros and cons, so the answer depends on what's most important to you. Do you need vibrant colors? Is machine washing more important? What type of detail is required for your designs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.