T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got involved with with our local downtown business association and chamber of commerce and city parks and rec department. We put on several activities each year including BBQ contests, boat races, concerts, baloon races and several car shows each year. And none of them print or sell shirts. But they all have full color logos for the paper ads and some posters.
I am thinking this could be a great opportunity for someone who could crank out some Ts quick and cheap.
So what I would like to know is
What size heat press should I look at?
What printer?
Where can I get more info on this subject.
Do I need special software?
Could I just scan and print the image?
Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
99 Posts
edgybob,

You could also checkout Geoknight's line of Jetpresses the 12 or 14 are designed for hobbist/start up businessses.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Bob. There are several ways to go my recommendation is if you have the time before each event use Plastisol transfers with a heat press heat press. You could make your own transfers on your computer or have someone do the vector art for you. For that you should use Illustrator or coral draw. I did 175 shirts with transfers for a blues festival and they came out great. I used Iron All transfers (See my signature for example) The sold 90% of the shirts at $15.00 at a cost to them of $5.10 each. Lou

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
edgybob said:
I just got involved with with our local downtown business association and chamber of commerce and city parks and rec department. We put on several activities each year including BBQ contests, boat races, concerts, baloon races and several car shows each year. And none of them print or sell shirts. But they all have full color logos for the paper ads and some posters.
I am thinking this could be a great opportunity for someone who could crank out some Ts quick and cheap.
So what I would like to know is
What size heat press should I look at?
What printer?
Where can I get more info on this subject.
Do I need special software?
Could I just scan and print the image?
Thanks,

Bob
This is a super great opportunity for you!!!!! You are in the right place for info....search the threads and all those questions of yours can be answered. I think you are standing right in front of an instant revenue source.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
rookie905 said:
Do you make the Plasticol Transfers yrself? OR just order them, then press them on the shirts ?
Very few people both make plastisol transfers and apply them themselves. The transfers are screenprinted, so if you have the ability to produce them there's a lot less need to (it could still be advantageous, but it's a lot less likely).

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I am going to be using 3 services as I find each brings to the table what I need to get the job done. I am currently havings some done at first edition for a tote bag order for a store in new Hampshire my rep sold. First Edition is in Kansas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts