T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to here and to tshirt printing in general. I have decided to start producing tshirts in hopes of just making a few extra bucks a week, as it stands right now paycheck to paycheck, broke, broke, broke. Anyway, I have saved up $500 to start this, I had initially decided to just use my regualar ink jet printer (hp deskjet F4180) (do you use regualr ink cartriges?) to print my designs of transfer paper, but i have read that they smudge, smear, crack, or wash off or damge in washing machine. So then I was going to get screen printed heat transfers made of my designs from pro world.com Now sorry so long, can you guys tell me the best way to go before i spend my small nest egg, I want to use quality shirts and have quality presses, im not out to screw anybody with low quality product that doesnt last. Thanks for your time and any info. Spencer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spencer, There are different kinds of printing. I think you are talking about sublimation printing as opposed to screen printing. Before you spend any money you need to do a heap of research on sublimation printing. I think for sublimation printing (it's not my thing) you will need a printer with special inks, special transfer paper, t shirts suitable for sublimation printing, and a heat press. You can start by researching this on YouTube with a search for 'sublimation'. Best regards, Bruce.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts