T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have just recently purchased a heat press in the hopes of making personalized T-shirts with images from pictures that people send to me. (ie. people,dogs,cats,cars etc...) 1. I was wondering if there was a market for this from a home based business without a website at the current time? Isee that most people in this forum have their own designs 2. I just was not sure how to market this? 3. Also if I would do more commercial items for businesses how can I make it look close to screen printing? (Most shirts feel and look like they have some type of big badge on them instead of look of being into the material.) If any Ideas please let me know. Right now I have a HP PSC with regular ink and use the transfer paper from RPL supplies. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
jermie said:
Hi , I have just recently purchased a heat press in the hopes of making personalized T-shirts with images from pictures that people send to me. (ie. people,dogs,cats,cars etc...) 1. I was wondering if there was a market for this from a home based business without a website at the current time? Isee that most people in this forum have their own designs
There are folks in the forum that do custom printing and some that sell their own designs (and many that do both :))

There is a market for it, but there's also a lot of compeition in this market with existing services like cafepress,zazzle,spreadshirt,etc.

If you have a local customer base, that may be your USP (unique selling point) that makes you successful. It's good to have a website to help people learn about your business on their own time (and when you're not around). A website can take orders 24 hours a day :)

2. I just was not sure how to market this?
You gotta figure out marketing before you start any business. Advertising and marketing will make or break you.

You have to know why you are offering the service, who you are going to offer it to, and how you would reach those people (find out what they read, where they shop, what they search for online and advertise in those places).

As I mentioned above, locally may be your best option.

3. Also if I would do more commercial items for businesses how can I make it look close to screen printing? (Most shirts feel and look like they have some type of big badge on them instead of look of being into the material.) If any Ideas please let me know. Right now I have a HP PSC with regular ink and use the transfer paper from RPL supplies. Thanks in advance.

You may want to post this specific question in the Heat Transfer forum for more responses. There are already a lot of good discussions in that forum for doing quality Heat Press printing.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts