T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get into the T-shirt business... However my budget is $550. I came to the conclusion by reading the forum Q&A's that Hotronix and Hix are some of the best presses. My budget doesn't allow me to purchase these though and I don't want to buy some cheap crap made overseas the ends up giving me plenty of problems. Enter CRAIGSLIST.

I looked everywhere on Craigslist in my area, and can't find any 16x20 presses that are worthwhile. However, there is one seller that has an older model Hotronix unit, Mighty Press 16X20 that has rarely ever been used.

If I had the money I would pay $1,100 for the Hotronix Maxx but I don't! The Mighty Press was the precursor to the Maxx but it's OLD and discontinued now, so I'm kinda weary.

My question is, do you guys think it would be wise to by and older model Hotronix unit, the Might Press for $550 if i test it out and it works great??

Please let me know asap b/c im supposed to be driving out of town to meet the seller tomorrow morning. Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
If you have a digital thermometer, bring it. If you don't, consider buying one. Good $30 investment.

When there, fire up the press and set the temp to 350 degrees or so. It will take a few minutes to heat up that hot. Then use your thermometer and shoot a beam at various spots of the upper platen. Center, corners, etc. As long as it reads around 350 then $550 is not a bad price for a 16X20.

Hotronix guarantees their heating elements for life. So if everything else works like it's suppose to, buy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, especially for the prompt response! I'll try to swing buy a Walmart and buy the temperature gun.... As far as the Hotronix lifetime warranty, does the owner need to give me any sort of proof of purchase? Or does the warranty cover it regardless?

Thanks again for info, means a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I just bought a Mighty Press 15X15 . I paid $100 dollars in very neat condition . It heat it up good and temperature gage works. But when I close the upper plate the buzzer start making sound and the timer I dont know if it works. I am wondering if the timer doesnt work or maybe a timer relay. I need help to test it and some information where to buy spare parts for the mighty press.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts