T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site.

What do ya'll think of a T-shirt shop, where you can design, print, sell, etc... your own line of shirts and also have computers and software, so customers can come in and make their own designs and you sell them the blank shirt and charge for printing. I'm talking about an actual storefront shop, not online.

Again, this is a great site and look forward to any comments, thanks.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
This a great idea.. But.. and there is always a but.. The software would have to be extremely easy to use other wise you will be doing the work for your customer. I see a lot of young people using this service. You would have to place it a Mall and that would be expensive so do your business plan. Also you would be limited to heat transfer or direct to garment systems as screen printing would be time consuming and probably time consuming for what you would charge for a shirt. But the idea is good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lou,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with everything you said. The software would accept their artwork, photo, custom logo, etc, from a disc they bring with them. They would upload the design and come up with their own text to go with the image, or they can just come in and make a text t-shirt only. May have a few images to choose from, not sure, yet. I would keep it simple.

Yeah, I hope(dream) that the unique business idea would sell itself, with, word of mouth, promotion and ads, so I would not need the mall. Location is a hurdle I 'm still working on.

Heat would be the best way to go for printing.

I also think the young crowd would love expressing themselves though t-shirts, but I also plan to offer baby tees, dog tees, aprons, etc to bring in different demographics. Plus, have a unique concept(brand) to help drive customers, out of curiosity if nothing else, to the shop.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I also think this could be a very expensive business. By the way. If I have a design that I did at home on my computer and copy it to a cd and bring it to the shop I think you will have to have software for all types of formats. I think your best bet would be to have some one send you the design and you place on a tee for them and charge for the tee,, I would do that if I got a request for anyone of you guys for a design and you don't have equipment to do one tee. I think there is room out there for this business. What you could do though is advertise locally have them send you the design by email,collect the money in advance and then tell them they could pick up the shirt in a day or you will ship it to them for a a price.You could beat cafepress pricing as I know a lot of people use that for thier own designs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi
Yeah Badalou Steered you right.
What makes this game possible is the fact that we can work at home.
no high rent, thats your largest on going expence. Most have laptops too
so i can show clients samples anywhere. If you try a retail store your looking
at a huge monthly nut to crack. Now I am just about to rent a small store
in a funky area so my rent will be 600.00 per month ( it's right next door to a cool tatoo place).BUT i am not relying on walk in trade. it's more like a studio and production house. All my income is from open contracts with many resturants and we do the carshows and swap meets. we wont turn down walk in trade but
we wont rely in it.
So you really have to be carefull RENT WILL KILL YOU,
Stay at home until you can generate income.
Oh if i only had a three car garage!
Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts