T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Graphtec CE5000 along with FlexiSign 8 yesterday. I was told with the program I would be able to import my designs and be able to add the cut lines, print the design on my inkjet and then send to the plotter cutter all through FlexiSign.

So, for most of the day today I have been attempting to get FlexiSign to do what I was told it would. I am still having some problems putting in the cut lines (it misses the center of the letters like A, P, etc). Now I am told that I am unable to add registration marks on my transfers with FlexiSign and that I will need Flexi Cut & Print to do what all I am expecting FlexiSign to do.

Would someone be willing to help me sort through all this? And explain to me if I am indeed able to print my transfers on an inkjet with registration makes, and then cut it out on the plotter all though FlexiSign 8 or not. Or do I need another program?

Thank you in advance,
Barb

· Registered
72 Posts
Which version of Flexi did you get? If it's not Flexi Sign Pro, you may not be able to output like you would want to. I haven't used Flexi in a couple of years - there are others here that use it every day - but I am 90% certain you need Flexi Sign Pro.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is FlexiSign 8 that I have. I can't see putting 2x the money out, actually I financially can't. What should I do from here? Planning on having them take flexiSign 8 back and getting something different. Just not sure what.

· Registered
72 Posts
There are different levels of Flexi Sign. You may not have Flexi Sign Pro. If you are going to return the software and get something else, I would strongly suggest CorelDraw X3. It is very good software.

You will be able to do everything you need with Corel Draw X3. And, it's cheaper than Flexi Sign Pro.

· Registered
132 Posts
I wonder if it is Flexisign Starter the only reason I'm asking is that Flexi Pro comes with an excellent set of tutorial DVD's. Flexi Starter has limited capabilities I haven't used it, but Flexi Pro has a good tracing program and excellent editing tools.

Mike

· Registered
1,881 Posts
Flexi suks. Get Corel Drwa X4 or 5 and you will be much happier. The grapktec comes with a free program that will take work directly from Corel draw and work with it and do the registration too. I have a flexi starter and it is in a box with other junk that doesn't do what it should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.