T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wussup everyone. Newbie here, been doing t-shirt graphics for 13yrs,
self employed 7 yrs, own a small business for 3 yrs and still going.
Also produced high-end fashion jeans and tops. Any questions about Illustrator, photoshop, graphics, and apparel are welcomed!
check out some of my work:
homepage.mac.com/duggone/recentwork/PhotoAlbum28.html
peace!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey, Dugg, great to have more brains and experience joining in to keep the quality level of this forum as extraordinarily high as it has been.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
dugg29 said:
Wussup everyone. Newbie here, been doing t-shirt graphics for 13yrs,
self employed 7 yrs, own a small business for 3 yrs and still going.
Also produced high-end fashion jeans and tops. Any questions about Illustrator, photoshop, graphics, and apparel are welcomed!
check out some of my work:
homepage.mac.com/duggone/recentwork/PhotoAlbum28.html
peace!
Since you said that you have answers for Illustrator, Photoshop... I have something to ask you.

I've used only Photoshop to create my designs and now I'm trying Illustrator too. My question is: if someone asked me to send a design in EPS format can I save it from Photoshop?
As far as I know EPS is a vector format, right? So if I save my file from Photoshop will I damage it as I did not create my design in vector?

Hope you understand what I mean.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Dugg,

welcome to the forum. Your designs are great and so is the site :) Where did you get those foreign passport stamps that are on your second page (RECENT WORK 2)? Is it from clipart or did you create them yourself?

Thank you,
A

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m26gil said:
question is: if someone asked me to send a design in EPS format can I save it from Photoshop?
As far as I know EPS is a vector format, right? So if I save my file from Photoshop will I damage it as I did not create my design in vector?

Hope you understand what I mean.
Yes, you can save a "photoshop eps" file. But that won't make it a vector file.
If the client wants an eps illustrator file then maybe they want the artwork created in vector format. They have to be a bit especific.
And no you wont damage the file if you save as eps.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Annushka said:
Where did you get those foreign passport stamps that are on your second page (RECENT WORK 2)? Is it from clipart or did you create them yourself?

Thank you,
A
Hi annushka, the page is a template from apple. But if your looking for stamp designs I think I can provide.:)
If you need let me know. I will look.

·
Registered
234 Posts
dugg29 said:
Yes, you can save a "photoshop eps" file. But that won't make it a vector file.
If the client wants an eps illustrator file then maybe they want the artwork created in vector format. They have to be a bit especific.
And no you wont damage the file if you save as eps.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.
The reason I've asked you is cause I had a request from a client to send him the final work in EPS format even if I've specified that I use only Photoshop for creating my work and not a vector program. I suggested PNG but he asked for EPS insted at the advice of his printer guy. So, I've sent the EPS and it seems it was OK.
Another thing, I had my design made at high resolution, it was around 3000x6000 and when I saved it as EPS it had around 40MB, impossible to send by email because of my connection so I had to reduce it until it occupied 6MB.
Anyway the job was done.

Have fun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts