T-Shirt Forums banner

541 - 560 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
right ok looking at the xml c120.xml i can see that the channel is linked with the SplitChannels wich means there connected with the software and you cant select them seperatly because there the same color gutenprint treats it as one catridge and cant be seperated i will look at it but im sure its not possible

·
Registered
17 Posts
The printer I am working with is a T1100
In Gutenprint, the XML files for printer is model_99
Ink XML is c120

I believe the answer is there, but I have no luck tweaking it at all

·
Registered
17 Posts
right ok looking at the xml c120.xml i can see that the channel is linked with the SplitChannels wich means there connected with the software and you cant select them seperatly because there the same color gutenprint treats it as one catridge and cant be seperated i will look at it but im sure its not possible
Yes, I also notice that in one of the XML file, it states that the physical channel is set to 4

Also one thing to notice is that even though it's split channel, gluten print never use the other black channel to print, only one black is used, that makes me wonder if the split channel thing work....

My idea was separate and identify which channel is which, so that for under base will print with black channel 1, and four color standard using black channel 2

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have no way of testing any of this because I don't have a system setup. So perhaps Rob if you can give a list of the problems you're having. We can tackle this as a team and breakup the xml channel by channel and go from there. Maybe we can use skype or msn messenger and use direct communication when deciphering the code. I would like to see this project make some headway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i would love to see this project work for everyone lol but everyone has so many diffrent printers i cant test it every time i edit it and it takes to long to send talk send again then try again it took me 2 days to get the r1800 going

·
Registered
472 Posts
Is your r1800 working perfect? Like work all the time instead of hit and miss. You don't have to work on everybody stuff just tell where to edit and everybody make their own changes. I am in this to help others because I may use another application when I get started. I have just busted up my 1400 so I can't even power it up. Oh and my build is going along smoothly.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What has happened to this thread?? It seems to have died since feb? also the wikis refered to are not available? Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey andy there was not much intrest in the project everyone is using ekrip or not even printing with white at all because of the clogging problems its just to expensive to run i do dual cmyk now still looking for a alternative for white ink but nothing yet anyways i started a new project to get gutenprint intergrated into a stand alone app and have it running very well if you give me ya email i will send you everything i have but apart from that i cant be much help im affraid i havnt looked into it in a long time

Many Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
It must be something to do with spring, for I have visited here, blown the dust off my 'yet to be set up' R1800 and received my demo version of EKPrint all on this weekend.

Rob can you send me the app for R1800 please? I have set up the R1800 with 4 white channels (The 1400 prints perfectly on light colour shirts so I'm going to leave that as it is).

As for the inks I tried, Both Tee-Brite from the Ink Cafe and Resolute Ink give great results.

I've tried a couple of initial start ups on the 1800 but am having a paper out issue. I wonder if it's because I have left the PE sensor in it's original position (as on the 1400)? Do I need to mount it elsewhere?

Look forward to hearing from you all,

Bob

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good to see ye old pirates back at sea. Though ya all had become land lubbers.
The 1800 is built very similar to the 1400 Bob. The important thing is that your pe sensor is triggered by your platen, tray or what ever you call it. I have seen guys trigger it with their hand and stand up holding it till the print job is done. What a waste of precious time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cheers Rudy :)

Rob, did you get my email?

Cheers,

Bob

Update: My R1800 prints (occasionally!) but I don't understand how the platen triggers the PE sensor if there is a slot all the way through the drawer section. Does the platen sit flat on the bottom of the drawer? The printer always seems to go into paper error if it stays triggered once it is asked to print. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok, so I read the first 6 pages of this, and have to take a break ;) AWESOME!!! I think when I get time again, I'll start reading backwards and get a more current take on this.

Q's tho. I have a R2200 - is this currently supported?
As a 'RIP' - would this allow me to output more ink from specific carts?
Would it allow me to print from ALL carts? (So I could switch to all black?)
I am wondering if this would be a good option for outputting darker/more opaque films for my screen printing

Thanx ;) Can't wait to read on this more! I'm wanting to build a DTG soon, so this is going to be great ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have been working on the gutenprint and mainly gutenrip for quite sometime basicly gutenprint is a set of drivers orriginally writen for unix based systems and has been ported to windows a few times by various programers

gutenprint can definatley lay down more ink than the original drivers but its alot of messing around getting the settings right also all carts can be changed to black really easy but with all carts changed to black then you should have loads of ink anyways

also the r2200 is really not supported by the recent ported verison to windows if your using linux then great but if not i would sugest trying it with another driver like the R2400 i dont no about the r2200

Anyways give it a go its free so obviolsy there are limitation to what you can do and also it was made just to print not to be a rip

Many thanks Rob

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm currently using my R2200 with the stock config:

96 nozzles x 7 (Photo Black/Matte Black, Light Black, Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow)

I don't really want to attempt swapping to all black until I know I'm going to be good with whatever RIP I choose....

As I understand it, I need the rip to tell it to print from all carts.

I'll have to check it out.

I'm on Macs for all my graphics and audio work.....
I see the Gutenprint driver in there, but when it comes up I don't get these types of options.

I'll have to do some more research on it.

Are you able to point me to a link for downloading a driver/app/utility/interface or whatever is available for it????
The links I saw here are broken and the stuff isn't there anymore.
Is this what I'm looking for? http://gutenprint.en.softonic.com/mac
Simply states OSX
I'm currently on OS 10.5.8, not sure if I should get a particular version of Gutenprint???

Sorry if these are stupid Q's - first look into this stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
if your using a mac then i really cant be much use i have a mac but havnt got gutenprint on it i have been developing for windows systems only the windows version has xml files im not sure with mac i wouldnt no where it would put the files to edit

Also yes you need to make sure at what your doing with your printer is really what you want to do i have a r1800 and do dual cmyk only no white underbase its just to expensive and time consuming for me but i can lay down enoght ink to really drench the tshirt in whatever colour i chose.

the link you have is correct you might want to check that you have the right version tho i have a intel and a powerpc mac im not sure if gutenprint will work on both (universal binaries) i might give it a go but as most people are using windows then i will mainly work on that version

if you can find the xml files after install then we can work on setting it up to print black from all carts or turn it into a dtg with white carts

Many Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
if your using a mac then i really cant be much use i have a mac but havnt got gutenprint on it i have been developing for windows systems only the windows version has xml files im not sure with mac i wouldnt no where it would put the files to edit

Also yes you need to make sure at what your doing with your printer is really what you want to do i have a r1800 and do dual cmyk only no white underbase its just to expensive and time consuming for me but i can lay down enoght ink to really drench the tshirt in whatever colour i chose.

the link you have is correct you might want to check that you have the right version tho i have a intel and a powerpc mac im not sure if gutenprint will work on both (universal binaries) i might give it a go but as most people are using windows then i will mainly work on that version

if you can find the xml files after install then we can work on setting it up to print black from all carts or turn it into a dtg with white carts

Many Thanks

Rob

541 - 560 of 566 Posts