T-Shirt Forums banner

481 - 500 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
No.no crashes. Make sure you have unpacked all the files and watch them install. That's all I can offer.

On a brighter note, try setting your Output Color Correction to RAW when printing white. It opens all the nozzles to full :)

1440 x 720 works better than 720dpi on 3 color composite.
Altering the density isn't helping on 3 color composite.

I'm trying to find the switch that makes the grey 'turn on' at a lower threshold on 3 color composite and print more ink on same.

Pics will follow in 14 hours or so (life interruption) :)

Cheers,

QQBob
Hello.
720 on black does not show up well. SoI've been printing out the 3 color composite on paper (anyone can do this, so jump in!) to see what effect some of the settings give.
I took some photos. The quality isn't brilliant but should do.

I took a standard 720.
I tried to increase magenta density as that wasn't showing up at all. It increases magenta throughout but changes colours slightly.
I increased to 1440 x 720. This gave a much better outcome. Much denser. The comparison photo may not give a true reflection, though the change was much darker.

continued......

QQBob

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello.
720 on black does not show up well. SoI've been printing out the 3 color composite on paper (anyone can do this, so jump in!) to see what effect some of the settings give.
I took some photos. The quality isn't brilliant but should do.

I took a standard 720.
I tried to increase magenta density as that wasn't showing up at all. It increases magenta throughout but changes colours slightly.
I increased to 1440 x 720. This gave a much better outcome. Much denser. The comparison photo may not give a true reflection, though the change was much darker.

continued......

QQBob
.....continued.

I then changed the Output Color Correction to RAW. This makes the nozzles either fully open or fully closed. I found it was not helpful on composite colours but should be perfect for White Underbase.

I tried turning down the cyan. It again just changes the overall effect but still no good for 3 colour composite.

I then tried 1440 x 1440 . The result may be because a different nozzle pattern is required to achieve better results.

Bob,
In a few days, I'm not going to be able to spend as much time on this as previously but I'll continue to participate as much as I can and with more people able to test the settings on paper initially, things may well speed up :)

Keep up the good work,

QQBob

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm not setup yet to do any type of printing. A nube to all of this. But I have a project to do and want to give someone a job. I prefer to give it to someone posting in this thread as I have come to know some of you guys. Well kind of in a sense. I will provide the art work to anyone who is interested in a day or two.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
.....continued.

I then changed the Output Color Correction to RAW. This makes the nozzles either fully open or fully closed. I found it was not helpful on composite colours but should be perfect for White Underbase.

I tried turning down the cyan. It again just changes the overall effect but still no good for 3 colour composite.

I then tried 1440 x 1440 . The result may be because a different nozzle pattern is required to achieve better results.

Bob,
In a few days, I'm not going to be able to spend as much time on this as previously but I'll continue to participate as much as I can and with more people able to test the settings on paper initially, things may well speed up :)

Keep up the good work,

QQBob
I'm of the mind to go back to scratch and just add the white inkset like you did at first QQBob...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
110 Posts
working on a little app to integrate with gutenprint to make things abit easier only supports PNG's cause were inverting the image to make the underbase (obviously if you have a white background and you invert it will turn black lol ) anyways here is some pics

im still working on it but should be finished soon very basic atm lol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
OK, it seems that Gutenprint is holding on to information when other than just saving the sessions. I am noticing that if I "Restore" that the 1100 drops off the list. So, there has to be something going on here... This would explain the inconsistent results. I have been poking around and have not found a cache for this information. I'll let everyone know when I get to the bottom of it.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
110 Posts
yes it does have a caching promplem i have had loads of problems the only way to clear it is to unistall gimp and delete the plugins folder shift delete then reinstall and put back the plugin gimp is a pig to work with hate it try that see if that works bob

Many Thanks Rob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
yes it does have a caching promplem i have had loads of problems the only way to clear it is to unistall gimp and delete the plugins folder shift delete then reinstall and put back the plugin gimp is a pig to work with hate it try that see if that works bob

Many Thanks Rob
There must be another way... I just need to figure where it's putting the settings data. I've looked in the usual places... Temp folder, My documents and in the profile under "Local Settings" and Applications. We'll nail it sooner or later. The prize goes to the persistent.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I can see some of the frustrations you guys are having. Sorry I can't help with the testing and such. If you check the registry Bob you may find what you're looking for. Gutenprint looks like a no frills straight cut app that can get testy.

The files could be hidden like system files.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Gents.
I've now got my R1800 up and printing.
I've tried printing with GutenRIP but there are a couple of problems.
Gimpgpui2 crashes every time so I'm assuming I haven't found the right settings yet. If I try 'standard' settings it prints white but crashes when it sends to the printer. It prints though, which is fantastic :) If I try to apply color correction, i.e., Threshold or Raw it crashes out before printing, hence no print.
4 Color works great.

Anyone still following this thread? It seems rather quiet here....

Cheers,

QQBob

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello Gents.
I've now got my R1800 up and printing.
I've tried printing with GutenRIP but there are a couple of problems.
Gimpgpui2 crashes every time so I'm assuming I haven't found the right settings yet. If I try 'standard' settings it prints white but crashes when it sends to the printer. It prints though, which is fantastic :) If I try to apply color correction, i.e., Threshold or Raw it crashes out before printing, hence no print.
4 Color works great.

Anyone still following this thread? It seems rather quiet here....

Cheers,

QQBob

Hi Bob i woould like to use gutenrip but i can get good image on my 1100. i just need to reinstal it and start from beggining. please send me how to instal in my inbox please so i would like to use it.I follow the procedure from diydtg wiki but i got crashes every time i tried to set my own settings

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Bob i woould like to use gutenrip but i can get good image on my 1100. i just need to reinstal it and start from beggining. please send me how to instal in my inbox please so i would like to use it.I follow the procedure from diydtg wiki but i got crashes every time i tried to set my own settings

thanks
Goto,
I'm using Vista and an R1800 so I'm not sure what is happening with an 1100. I believe colorfinger is using an 1100 too so he may be able to help. To install, I just followed Colorfinger's instructions. I am having the same problem with crashes but if I find a solution I will post it here.
Sorry I can't offer more.

QQBob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #500

thanks
Sorry guys, been buys printing T-Shirts so I haven't had time to mess with it for a while. My advice for now is to reinstall it and use the default install. Go into the settings and bump up the quality enhancement to about 2. If you need more adjustments click on the output tab and the adjust output button. Bump the density up to your needs... There are plenty of tweaks there...

Bob ?;O)

481 - 500 of 566 Posts