T-Shirt Forums banner

441 - 460 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I instaled gutenprintRIP but there is no good image i will post pisc of printing results.
Bob is doing great job i hope he will soon get good solution for gutenRIP and it will be great Rip.
I will keep on trying to get better results with different settings.

soon i will post pics

·
Registered
193 Posts
Strange things are happening, when i print cover of Alan Ford,rezults are great but other jpeg pics with same settings are so bad it doensnt see what is it at all.All pics are in jpg format with same settings in gutenprint

·
Registered
193 Posts
This pic is always got in good not best but good print.
[media]http://i40.tinypic.com/2ajywyh.jpg[/media]

and others with same settings are like this

[media]http://i39.tinypic.com/2888utx.jpg[/media]

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok i see now where ever is a lot of cyan there is bad print, when background of image is green are purple or blue and where need to be lot of cyan there is mistake

·
Registered
193 Posts
One more thing, when quality enhancement is 4 then gimp crash.
now i will post pics where is a lot of cyan and you will see

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi.
I did a fair bit of testing today so bear with me.

The attached photos are with the latest version 10.
The first pair are onto coloured card. The white came out with what looked like a hint of blue.
The 3 color composite didn't really print.

I decided to print to white paper to see what I could see.
The white HAS got a tinge of blue in it and the 3 color composite barely prints.

I then printed with a modification colorfinger and I are discussing (pictures in next reply)

QQBob

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
...continuing.....

Bob, with the modified file, I did the same thing.

I printed to coloured card.
I printed to white paper.

The hint of blue is gone and the 3 color composite prints.

Hope this helps.

I have videos of the prints but there is nothing you can't see in these really.

QQBob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
...continuing.....

Hope this helps.

QQBob
I just don't understand it... Would you look at that! Did you leave the remainder of the v0.0.0.10 files and only change the ink?

The only difference I believe is that I removed all the other ink settings. Well if we just add the white that will be great but it would be tragic if people tried to print CYMK...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
193 Posts
...continuing.....

Hope this helps.

QQBob

ok can you post me setting i would like to try? Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
bob the white looks gd but looking at the image it has no black what so ever i have my dtg in bits so cant test i think we still need more density but its definatly getting there gd work for every one who is contributing we will get this sorted soon im using a new version of gutenprint now with a sepperate spooler its alot better and can print straight from photoshop wich for me is better as a plugin is easiers or just a acton to make both layers

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just don't understand it... Would you look at that! Did you leave the remainder of the v0.0.0.10 files and only change the ink?

The only difference I believe is that I removed all the other ink settings. Well if we just add the white that will be great but it would be tragic if people tried to print CYMK...

Bob ?;O)
Yep. I'll email you the modified file.

I haven't set up the r1800 printer yet so you'll have to try the mod in the various ink files. Fingers crossed.

It's better if I send the file just to you for now so that we don't get confused with different mods, etc, if thats ok with everyone. Then when Bob has compiled everyone gets the same version.

Cheers,

QQBob

·
Registered
67 Posts
bob the white looks gd but looking at the image it has no black what so ever i have my dtg in bits so cant test i think we still need more density but its definatly getting there gd work for every one who is contributing we will get this sorted soon im using a new version of gutenprint now with a sepperate spooler its alot better and can print straight from photoshop wich for me is better as a plugin is easiers or just a acton to make both layers
Hmm... You could be right there Rob. I'll print a test page and post pics.

QQBob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmm... You could be right there Rob. I'll print a test page and post pics.

QQBob
Rob, 1400.

These are the results.

The blacks look fine. There is a lack in the mid tones but I would have they can be modified manually if neccessary. I've attached the test JPG as well

QQBob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Rob, 1400.

These are the results.

The blacks look fine. There is a lack in the mid tones but I would have they can be modified manually if neccessary. I've attached the test JPG as well

QQBob
Robert said to remove all but three of the tones from the ink XML file because it would be too light. I haven't been able to do that without it crashing...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Rob, 1400.

These are the results.

QQBob
OK, I looked at your ink file and found an error in mine... It's missing the end tag for the inks. I don't want to include the CYMK or any other option than the 3 color comp or white underbase.

I uploaded v0.0.0.11 tonight. Everyone, please run some tests and let me know if we have it nailed.

Bob

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, I looked at your ink file and found an error in mine... It's missing the end tag for the inks. I don't want to include the CYMK or any other option than the 3 color comp or white underbase.

I uploaded v0.0.0.11 tonight. Everyone, please run some tests and let me know if we have it nailed.

Bob
If the cap fits.... :) I would leave the other setups in there. There's no value in removing them and someone around the world may find benefit from them.
I'm wondering if the Four colour version will work as is as well.
It strikes me that as long as you've told GutenRIP which carts are in for which printer, that only leaves the selection of which cart to print, i.e., 3 color composite, CMYK, etc.

I know I have most probably simplified what needs to be done!! :D

Cheers,

QQBob

441 - 460 of 566 Posts