T-Shirt Forums banner

401 - 420 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Plug-in crashed: "gimpgpui2.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gimpgpui2.exe)

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.
that is message show on screen when i try to print

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have just email dickobraz who has compiled gutenprint to see if we can up the density and drop sizes some more i have spoke to him in the past very nice guy he has just compiled the latest version and is availiable to download it uses its own spooler so you can print both white underbase and colour then in the spooler select 1 by 1 what to print its pretty handy i have used it its great and it even works for photoshop

Might be something to look at i will keep u posted on what i get back from him and see if we can get him on board with us

Many thanks

Rob

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've posted 9 different versions on the Wiki... Are you using the lasted one dated 29 Oct 2011?

This is version 9, version 7 was known to crash. That's the reason I'm asking.

Bob ?;O)

Yes i am using version 9 and now it doesnt crash but i got very poor image i will upload pic in few min.
[media]http://i40.tinypic.com/2dad7d3.jpg[/media]

that is the result of print and now link is what i need to get or better

http://i42.tinypic.com/ddgfhz.jpg

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have been check in now and then to see the progress as I have been busy for the past week (new telephone setup at job). I'm impressed with the motivation of all and the hard work.

I had to order a mother board and power supply for my mac and just got them today. I should have my baby up and running by weekend.

A note on the versions of gutenprint: If you have a 64bit machine but installed the 32bit version software you will have to place the xml files in the x86 folder sub directory. But if you installed the 64bit version then the files are placed in the program files sub directory. You can also set the package to run as an earlier version of windows.

Hope I was clear enough.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Yes i am using version 9 and now it doesnt crash but i got very poor image i will upload pic in few min.

[media]http://i42.tinypic.com/ddgfhz.jpg[/media]
That looks like the results others have been getting... Like I said. Back to the drawing board. Look for v0.0.0.10 this Thursday...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
193 Posts
That looks like the results others have been getting... Like I said. Back to the drawing board. Look for v0.0.0.10 this Thursday...

Bob ?;O)
Thanks Bob, right now this is my blow off ventill my brother today have a massive hearth attack, so i am using my dtg and gimp to run away from reality.He is only 43. i hope god will save him and gard him.

Thanks a lot Bob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Bob, right now this is my blow off ventill my brother today have a massive hearth attack, so i am using my dtg and gimp to run away from reality.He is only 43. i hope god will save him and gard him.

Thanks a lot Bob
I hope it goes well for your family.

QQBob

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Plug-in crashed: "gimpgpui2.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gimpgpui2.exe)

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.
that is message show on screen when i try to print

[media]http://i42.tinypic.com/ddgfhz.jpg[/media]
Did you just copy the Gutenrip build 9 files into the plugin folder? I have encountered the gimpgpui2.exe problem with the same error message as you posted and have somehow solved the problem. I could not recall everything I did. Maybe what you did can help others.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts

Thanks a lot Bob
My father had a heart attack at 54 years old. I am not sure what "massive" is but doctors gave him only months to live. When he was fit to walk around he went for a walk daily. He is now 83 years old and "healthy".

I hope your brother well. The reality is medical odds are sometimes defied.

But my father has been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks now because he keeps vomiting and can only eat spoonsful of soft meal daily. He has been released from the hospital with a clean bill of health, re-confined days after, re-diagnosed with possible gastritis, re-medicated unsuccessfully, then the doctors chorused my father has severe depression.

But when a CTScan was done doctors said my father has severe gallstone problems requiring immediate surgery. My father, now cheerful due to a definitive diagnosis, will be operated on this Saturday. Persistent phlegm in the lungs is said to be a major concern.

Sorry for the OT post. The "emergency operation" and hospital bills has strayed me from my planned DTG project which was supposed to start last week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My father had a heart attack at 54 years old. I am not sure what "massive" is but doctors gave him only months to live. When he was fit to walk around he went for a walk daily. He is now 83 years old and "healthy".

I hope your brother well. The reality is medical odds are sometimes defied.

But my father has been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks now because he keeps vomiting and can only eat spoonsful of soft meal daily. He has been released from the hospital with a clean bill of health, re-confined days after, re-diagnosed with possible gastritis, re-medicated unsuccessfully, then the doctors chorused my father has severe depression.

But when a CTScan was done doctors said my father has severe gallstone problems requiring immediate surgery. My father, now cheerful due to a definitive diagnosis, will be operated on this Saturday. Persistent phlegm in the lungs is said to be a major concern.

Sorry for the OT post. The "emergency operation" and hospital bills has strayed me from my planned DTG project which was supposed to start last week.

Genetics are strange thing, my mother died from hearth failure in 52, i have problems with my hearth since 1999, and now my brother start having problems with his hearth. his main arterie break in two separate places so the doctor who recive him to hospital says that he was more than luck to survive.every thing is in genetics. Someone get millions of dollars from parents and me and my brother get bad genetics which bad for ours helth.

thank to all of you who are with me now.

Thanks from my soul!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
By the way i download gimp and gutenprint (last posted on diydtg wiki)
Download GutenRIP
and instal gimp, then i instal gutenprint i just follow instruction in read me file and how to instal. Start batch file (from gutenprint4 windows) then copy to c:/programfiles/gimp2/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins......

I was just folowing instrukcions and thats it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
By the way i download gimp and gutenprint (last posted on diydtg wiki)
Download GutenRIP
and instal gimp, then i instal gutenprint i just follow instruction in read me file and how to instal. Start batch file (from gutenprint4 windows) then copy to c:/programfiles/gimp2/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins......

I was just folowing instrukcions and thats it.
I'm using vista and gutenprint 5.2.5 and gutenRIP 0.0.9

I had to NOT install anything (GIMP,gutenprint or gutenRIP) with administrator permissions. Check the installer doesn't create two escp2 folders, one inside the other.

Hope this helps.

QQBob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
I'm using vista and gutenprint 5.2.5 and gutenRIP 0.0.9

I had to NOT install anything (GIMP,gutenprint or gutenRIP) with administrator permissions. Check the installer doesn't create two escp2 folders, one inside the other.

Hope this helps.

QQBob
I hope I'm understanding what you are saying. Vista nor any other version of Windows will allow programs to be installed UNLESS you are an administrator... It's simply impossible.

Most people are administrator by default when they either install the OS or get their computer. If however someone else is an administrator on your computer and created a "limited" account for you then you are not an administrator.

I hope that clarifies what I meant.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Did you just copy the Gutenrip build 9 files into the plugin folder? I have encountered the gimpgpui2.exe problem with the same error message as you posted and have somehow solved the problem. I could not recall everything I did. Maybe what you did can help others.
Angel, What printer are you on again? How is GutenRip working now?

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hope I'm understanding what you are saying. Vista nor any other version of Windows will allow programs to be installed UNLESS you are an administrator... It's simply impossible.

Most people are administrator by default when they either install the OS or get their computer. If however someone else is an administrator on your computer and created a "limited" account for you then you are not an administrator.

I hope that clarifies what I meant.

Bob ?;O)
Yep. I see what you mean. When I installed GIMP I used the run as administrator option. Then when I tried to use 'Install.bat', it would just say access denied and return to the menu screen. As suggested earlier in this thread I had to give myself permissions as a User (the only one) to have control. Then when I installed without running as administrator it installed ok.
I've sent you an email regarding claria.xml

Cheers,

QQBob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Yep. I see what you mean. When I installed GIMP I used the run as administrator option. Then when I tried to use 'Install.bat', it would just say access denied and return to the menu screen. As suggested earlier in this thread I had to give myself permissions as a User (the only one) to have control. Then when I installed without running as administrator it installed ok.
I've sent you an email regarding claria.xml

Cheers,

QQBob
Thanks QQBob, got the email... I'll be working on GutenRip tonight.

Bob ?;O)

401 - 420 of 566 Posts