T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I had an Epson 7620 for years and it worked wonderfully. After a flood, I decided to get the Epson 7610. It work great for the first few months and then the ink would scratch off the waterproof film. Epson replaced that one with a refurbished one. It worked okay for a few weeks and then it just stop recognizing the film. After a fight with Epson, they set me another one and the ink is scratching off again!
Espon told me that only their new printers can be used for transparencies/film and that i was lucky that the first one lasted so many years. I use Epson inks.
So with that being said, has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Secondly, can anyone recommend another printer, that will not cost me an arm and a leg?

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Hello Everyone!
I had an Epson 7620 for years and it worked wonderfully. After a flood, I decided to get the Epson 7610. It work great for the first few months and then the ink would scratch off the waterproof film. Epson replaced that one with a refurbished one. It worked okay for a few weeks and then it just stop recognizing the film. After a fight with Epson, they set me another one and the ink is scratching off again!
Espon told me that only their new printers can be used for transparencies/film and that i was lucky that the first one lasted so many years. I use Epson inks.
So with that being said, has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Secondly, can anyone recommend another printer, that will not cost me an arm and a leg?

Thank you!
The problem is with your film. It will scratch off no matter what but if it does easily you have let you film absorb too much water/humidity. Good film is supplied in a zip lock type bag I even stick a decadent bag after opening. The 7610/7620 same printer only the 7620 has a second tray are pigment printers they print transparencies just fine. Switch to dye with a CISS or refillable cartridges. Epson now makes a few printers with tanks and 1-2 that they say are film/transparency printers charging extra for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I was thinking it was the film also. I have been buying the same film from the same company for years. I opened a new package just to see. Did the same thing. What company do you buy your film from?
Thank you again!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Thank you, I was thinking it was the film also. I have been buying the same film from the same company for years. I opened a new package just to see. Did the same thing. What company do you buy your film from?
Thank you again!
Fixxons films. The film you have can be dried by putting in a closet or small room with a dehumidifier water proof film (I hate that name as it is not waterproof) has a coating to absorb the water in ink which is 80%+ water. Let sit for days and even rotate around. When dry store in a plastic bag with a decant bag. They won’t dry film but can protect from small amounts of moisture. To make sure no issues with printer print on plain and photo paper after getting a good nozzle check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.