Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Alot of my friends say that sitepal is a good feature to add to your shops to promote sales. The website promises and increase on sales, so I went ahead and added it to all my shops. What do you think?
Comments welcome;)
http://www.cafepress.com/sprucecartoons
http://www.cafepress.com/heuergifts

Here's just a few, I figure if I get some good responses from these shops I'm headed in the right direction:)
I think this is actually appealing...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought it might stir up some hateful stuff, though I was hoping it wouldn't.
I'm not taking over the users right to navigate. However I control what is featured on my shops because I have that right. I also control how it's used. Just like you do with your own shop.

The speaker is put there for a reason, it's used as a promotional device not a hinderence. There is alot of controversary over such programs like this. Some like it, some don't. The determining factor of good or bad is based only on personal prefrence, and nothing more. Knowing this, I know I don't have to much to concern myself with.
Thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The site pal would reset itself and cause a page error for me (1st site) The 2nd site reset itself and replayed and sent me to a different page. I have a hard time finding any effectiveness as I got distracted by it and left the sites without really looking them over. Just me and its late.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
cameo said:
The speaker is put there for a reason, it's used as a promotional device not a hinderence.
Except that is exactly what it becomes - a hinderance. Very annoying. If I see something like that on a site I'm not even going to stick around to look at what you're selling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Did not like. On Win 98 using Firefox 1.5 with cable modem.

1st site looks like cute stuff there (spruce) but am hit in face with not too attractive talking animated woman. Then got booted out of website and redirected to Microsoft website.

2nd link...why would you distract from the beautiful photographs being offered by the animated man talking to you? I'd much rather see a single beautiful image (not flash, animated gifs, etc) as my first impression.

Susan

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Alot of my friends say that sitepal is a good feature to add to your shops to promote sales.
I don't think it's a good idea for t-shirt sales at all. Maybe if you're selling flash animation services or something.

But t-shirts don't need a talking lady to slow down the shopping experience.

Remember, just because you think it is cool doesn't mean your site visitors will consider it a useful tool. As others have said, most surfers consider any sound a hinderence to their information gathering and shopping experience.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks rodney for the hindering part!

If you look into the facts you'll find that many major companies are using sitepal with a 10% larger sales advantage. Companies such as Jeep, Chrysler and many more well known establishments. Please look into the facts behind the use before downing a sincere attempt to better my business. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!
Camie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rodney said:
I don't think it's a good idea for t-shirt sales at all. Maybe if you're selling flash animation services or something.

But t-shirts don't need a talking lady to slow down the shopping experience.

Remember, just because you think it is cool doesn't mean your site visitors will consider it a useful tool. As others have said, most surfers consider any sound a hinderence to their information gathering and shopping experience.
If you listen to what that lady is saying, you'll know that I sell fashions and gifts.:eek:
What I sell isn't a question, what is?
People thinking that their opinions should be pushed upon others. That's the problem. When in fact this a debate in personal prefrence point blank.
Camie

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The speaker is put there for a reason, it's used as a promotional device not a hinderence. There is alot of controversary over such programs like this. Some like it, some don't. The determining factor of good or bad is based only on personal prefrence, and nothing more. Knowing this, I know I don't have to much to concern myself with.
Thanks for your opinion.
The speaker is a hinderance. If I was a potential customer, I would leave your site immediately. She is unprofessional, annoying, and doesnt speak in clear english, but rather in 'computer talk'...in other words, she sounds like a robot and not a real person. It makes your page look like a three year old kid made it.

If you look into the facts you'll find that many major companies are using sitepal with a 10% larger sales advantage. Companies such as Jeep, Chrysler and many more well known establishments. Please look into the facts behind the use before downing a sincere attempt to better my business. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!
Camie
And where are you coming up with these facts? I just visited Jeep and Chrysler's website, and neither one has the feature. If they had so much success with this feature, why arent they using it?

Camie, I still cant figuire out why you ask a question, if you blatenly don't care what anyone says. Rodney and twinge are absolutely 100% correct.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If you look into the facts you'll find that many major companies are using sitepal with a 10% larger sales advantage. Companies such as Jeep, Chrysler and many more well known establishments. Please look into the facts behind the use before downing a sincere attempt to better my business.
I'm not downing your sincere attempt at bettering your business, I'm trying to give you friendly advice as to what works and what doesn't for t-shirt selling.

You're asking for our feedback and opinions right? That's what we're giving you.

Jeep and Chrysler are the same company. The fact that they are selling CARS, which is a HIGH TICKET item that needs a LOT of PRE-selling before the purchase is a lot different than selling a t-shirt that just needs a great design and a few lines of text.

You asked our opinions. Our opinions are that it is a distraction and it won't help your sales. It is more likely to hurt your sales than give it a sales boost like the unrelated case studies from the sitepal website.

That's my opinion :) Of course you are welcome to leave it on your website and test it all you want. But you asked our opinion in a site design feedback forum, and other's opinions on your site aren't always going to line up with yours.

If you truly don't want feedback on this new feature in your shop. Please let me know so we can close down the thread so other folks requesting feedback in this forum can get some attention to their threads :)

If you listen to what that lady is saying, you'll know that I sell fashions and gifts. What I sell isn't a question, what is?
I know what the lady says, I just don't think it's helpful to shoppers.

People thinking that their opinions should be pushed upon others. That's the problem. When in fact this a debate in personal prefrence point blank
Whoa whoa whoa there, cameo. Remember the facts in this thread :)

1. You posted in a "Site Reviews - Design Reviews" forum which is designed specifically for others to give you their opinions of the sites/designs posted.

2. In your original post, you asked twice for people to tell you their opinions:

What do you think?
Comments welcome
3. Pushing your personal opinion is what everyone does with their site and designs. It's what makes each t-shirt site unique. Your opinion is the sitepal is good, so you push it on your visitors. My (and others) opinion is that the sitepal is bad, so we are giving you the feedback you specifically asked for by creating a thread about the sitepal feature on your site.

Nobody here wants to see you lose sales or hurt your site in any way. The whole point of this forum is that we're here to help each other in the t-shirt business. They thought you were asking for opinions on this new feature, so they tried to help you with your request by giving you their opinion on the new feature.

If you truly aren't interested in honest feedback of your site, please let me know so I can close this thread. There are a lot of other threads in the Site Reviews - Design Reviews forum that could use some attention :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cameo, although I don't see Sitepal working, i'd be very interested in seeing the results from this specific campaign you got. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rodney said:
I'm not downing your sincere attempt at bettering your business, I'm trying to give you friendly advice as to what works and what doesn't for t-shirt selling.

You're asking for our feedback and opinions right? That's what we're giving you.

Jeep and Chrysler are the same company. The fact that they are selling CARS, which is a HIGH TICKET item that needs a LOT of PRE-selling before the purchase is a lot different than selling a t-shirt that just needs a great design and a few lines of text.

You asked our opinions. Our opinions are that it is a distraction and it won't help your sales. It is more likely to hurt your sales than give it a sales boost like the unrelated case studies from the sitepal website.

That's my opinion :) Of course you are welcome to leave it on your website and test it all you want. But you asked our opinion in a site design feedback forum, and other's opinions on your site aren't always going to line up with yours.

If you truly don't want feedback on this new feature in your shop. Please let me know so we can close down the thread so other folks requesting feedback in this forum can get some attention to their threads :)

I know what the lady says, I just don't think it's helpful to shoppers.

Whoa whoa whoa there, cameo. Remember the facts in this thread :)

1. You posted in a "Site Reviews - Design Reviews" forum which is designed specifically for others to give you their opinions of the sites/designs posted.

2. In your original post, you asked twice for people to tell you their opinions:

3. Pushing your personal opinion is what everyone does with their site and designs. It's what makes each t-shirt site unique. Your opinion is the sitepal is good, so you push it on your visitors. My (and others) opinion is that the sitepal is bad, so we are giving you the feedback you specifically asked for by creating a thread about the sitepal feature on your site.

Nobody here wants to see you lose sales or hurt your site in any way. The whole point of this forum is that we're here to help each other in the t-shirt business. They thought you were asking for opinions on this new feature, so they tried to help you with your request by giving you their opinion on the new feature.

If you truly aren't interested in honest feedback of your site, please let me know so I can close this thread. There are a lot of other threads in the Site Reviews - Design Reviews forum that could use some attention :)
I have no problem recieving opinions it's the way you do it that matters to me. There is a tactful way of putting things, that prevents one from stepping on some toes. If you've got something positive and beneficial to say I'm all for that. However I do not have time to listen to negative and mean insults.
Put it nicely, and I have no problems with it, not to much to ask.
Camie

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cameo said:
I have no problem recieving opinions it's the way you do it that matters to me. There is a tactful way of putting things, that prevents one from stepping on some toes. If you've got something positive and beneficial to say I'm all for that. However I do not have time to listen to negative and mean insults.
Put it nicely, and I have no problems with it, not to much to ask.
People have been nice to you. You are choosing to perceive insult because everyone disagrees with you, but that doesn't mean they're being mean.

Are you actually asking for feedback? Or just posting to advertise and try to get traffic to your site? Because your posts look a lot more like the second than the first.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually I'm after nothing...
Being nice to you with words such as hate it, sound very courteous or respectful to you? I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, it's their kindness in the reply. A Cycle has been happening on these forums that I definately take note of.
Anything that I say or do will be rejected in one way or another, and I know who from and why.
So why should I care?
Maybe it's you that can't handle me disagreeing with you:eek: :rolleyes:
That seems to be the problem. Look I could be here all night doing this but I have better things to do and better forums to be on that are people friendly.
More people have hit my sites in the last two days and stayed on longer than ever.
Most have returned to buy. Just sold a kids t- shirt!
So that's why I don't have to listen to this.
The facts speak for themselves!
Camie

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Camie,

There is a tactful way of putting things, that prevents one from stepping on some toes. If you've got something positive and beneficial to say I'm all for that. However I do not have time to listen to negative and mean insults.
Not all feedback on your site is going to be positive. No one is commenting on you personally or making insults. If you're not up for people pointing out areas you can improve, the "feedback" forum might not be the best place to post.

A Cycle has been happening on these forums that I definately take note of.
Anything that I say or do will be rejected in one way or another, and I know who from and why. So why should I care?
I'm not sure what you're referring to at all here. To say that "anything you say or do will be rejected is certainly an exaggeration.

If you have issues with the forum or people's comments, please contact me directly via PM or email. There's definitely no conspiracy against you here. As I mentioned before...you asked specifically for our help and feedback, and that's what we offered. It's best to try to look at the advice given and not try to read anything into the possible intentions or emotions behind the post, since those are very hard to read as words on a forum.

I've read the messages, and I've seen people not agree with the sitepal feature and you respond personally to the comments about the feature.

As this thread doesn't seem to have gotten you the results you're looking for, I'll lock it down for now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.