T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
with the new Epson printers you cannot use refillable cartridges or third party inks, is that true ?
Yes and no. For sure, European versions don't have this problem, because under EU law, anti-refill protection is illegal. This is done to encourage recycling, and reduce cartridge waste.
The US and other versions are a bit problematic, and o require some hacking. So for a new printer model, it may take sometime for chip reset kits to become available. Just remember to never update your firmware.
Also worth noting, that the new Epson Ecotank printers have refillable ink containers instead of cartridges, so you can basically use any compatible ink you like.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Depends on where you live . In the U.S. you can buy refill carts from injetcarts website for a wf7610 and they work perfect. My biddy has been using the carts with no issues at all ,so i am ordering the kit for mine since i know they work no problem.
There is also Cobraink website as well. that sells them.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Last Epson printer I had was a 1520 about 10 years ago so I'm not up to speed on the new ones, but the problem with that thing was the ink cartridge was separate from the ink nozzle so if the ink nozzle clogs (which mine did from using cheap refill ink) you can't fix the problem by simply buying a new cartridge.

I use HP printers now and refill the cartridge over and over and over. And once in awhile when it does clog and I can't clear it I just run to Walmart for a new cartridge which includes the nozzle and the problem is immediately solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.