T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
*Very* interesting discussion! Thanks to Vince!

Is the new Dupont ink being sold with a new name (for example FastInk-4) so that we can easily differentiate new from old?

Can new and old inks be used together during the transition, so that we can use up existing supplies? Can we assume that the current pre-treatments will work with these new inks?

Will these new inks adhere to polyester? (which begs the question will there also be new white ink?)

So many questions ... Curious minds want to know :)

We still have a quantity of FastInk-3 on hand, so perhaps by the time we order more there will have been a lot more testing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, since I'm pestering you all with questions, I may as well continue .... :)

From the absence of a reply, I assume that a new white formulation is not yet available. It sure would be nice to have a white ink that doesn't require frequent stirring. For us, it would also be a real advantage to be able to print white on cotton/poly fabrics. We generally print far more dark or black garments than white or light.

Do the new inks use the same ICC profile as the old? If the profile is significantly different I can see an advantage in switching all colors at the same time time rather than mixing them in gradually as old stock is used up.

Lets hope that we don't go thru the same problems that other ink manufacturers have had lately, with inks drying quickly enough to cause print head problems.

And while I think to ask ... an unrelated question ... has Dupont ever done stability testing of FastInk which would enable us to quote archive quality numbers to customers? I ask this because we also print on several other types of media.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The new white ink formulation has been out for several months already. In regards to FastINK the white is labeled FastINK Brite White. It has shown a significant increase in the brightness of the white print and has reduced settling issues.
Thanks Harry. Good info.

We have been using BriteWhite for some time, and knew it was a relatively new formulation designed to settle a lot less, but we found it doesn't work well on polyester or cotton/poly. I was hoping that there would be a new white formulation that would work much better on poly and settle even less. I certainly understand it's not easy coming up with hi-tech inks like this, but let's hope they're working on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.