T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I'll try to answer some of your questions -

"Is the new Dupont ink being sold with a new name (for example FastInk-4) so that we can easily differentiate new from old?"

With regards to FastINK, the new ink formulations are sold under the FastINK 3 name.

"Can new and old inks be used together during the transition, so that we can use up existing supplies? Can we assume that the current pre-treatments will work with these new inks?"

You can mix the inks together without any problems. The pretreatments will work with all the inks.

"Will these new inks adhere to polyester?"

They are designed to. I do have to say upfront that we have not had a chance yet to test this feature.

Harry

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I assume that a new white formulation is not yet available. It sure would be nice to have a white ink that doesn't require frequent stirring. For us, it would also be a real advantage to be able to print white on cotton/poly fabrics. We generally print far more dark or black garments than white or light.

Do the new inks use the same ICC profile as the old? If the profile is significantly different I can see an advantage in switching all colors at the same time time rather than mixing them in gradually as old stock is used up.

The new white ink formulation has been out for several months already. In regards to FastINK the white is labeled FastINK Brite White. It has shown a significant increase in the brightness of the white print and has reduced settling issues.

The new cmyk inks use the same profiles. They were designed to be freely mixed with the older formulation to allow gradual switching over.

Harry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.