T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know how many of you know that dupont reformulated their CMYK inks - most dealers are trying to sell all their old ink before announcing the new stuff.
Anyway, I have the new stuff and did some initial wash tests and they are great!
The old stuff I needed to cure for 160 seconds at 330 to get good wash results- and that is on white shirts with no white ink.
This new stuff I got I just did some initial wash tests- I cured 3 shirts for 60, 90 and 120 seconds at 330 and ALL THREE look great after 3 washes!! The old ink would look terrible after ONE wash at those settings.
I still have a lot of testing to do, but no doubt these are curing and washing way better than the old stuff and I am very confident we can get back to a 60 second cure for the Dupont inks on white shirts.
I got these from EQ Zone- Harry said they are all out the old ink and all they are selling now is the new stuff so go get some- they are very good!
-Vince

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4THNGOAL - No I do not use pretreatment- those results were with no pretreatment and are MUCH better tahn the old junk- try them before getting rid of your machine- I am very happy with these so far.

SUNNYDAYZ- they are pretty close to the brightness of the previous version- maybe a tiny but brighter...I was OK with the brightness of the last inks, just not after washing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you can use them with the old..
No they will not be renamed or anything like that- if they did no one would want the old stuff and all the dealers would be stuck with lots of ink, so it is quietly being phased in as the old gets used up, the new is just sent out- same name, same bottle etc, - so its still called fastink3 in the same bottle.
And yes, its supposedly also better on polyester but I have not tested it.
It will work with all the same old pretreatmmnets,etc -thats also why they are not telling anyone its new- you should be able to just mix it in with all your old stuff.
But to get the benefits of its washfastness, you will need to use 100% new ink not 50/50 new/old
Like I said, I know EQ Zone is shipping the new stuff (its in the same fastink3 bottles) but have no idea what other dealers are shipping...until they use up all their old ink, they willl be shipping that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed...
But I have been doing more wash tests and after 5 washes all 3 of these look very good and in fact I cannot tell which one is the best:
330 temp for 120 seconds
340 temp for 70 seconds
365 temp for 50 seconds
all with light pressure...
I did them each on a tee and each on a sweatshirt with no pretreatment...all 6 look good after 5 wash/dry cycles- I just throw them in the wash (not inside out) and wash like any idiot would do, nothing special.
I will continue washing and hopefully will see a difference in a few more washes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
8 wash/dry cylces and still no real difference between the 6 shirts/sweatshirts...Maybe, the 340/70 shirts look a tiny bit worse, but its tough to tell...they are still look very good. I am sticking with my 365/50 settings I am using as those test shirts still look good

adrenaline
- Call equipment zone- I am sure they would ship to Australia, although not sure how much it would be...
sodrisc
- I have not had any clogging issues so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.