T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Who will be first to do a new Dupont CYMK vs DTGInks comparison!
I could do the wash test comparison again, but now that I am a DTGInks distributor it would be better for someone else to do it. The original test was our daughter's science fair project.

The way she set it up was to have two people print the shirts on the same style printer so the ink lay-out was the same, same RIP, same image, same cure times and process, same number of passes, same RIP and graphic program settings, same brand shirt.

At that time both inks were recommending a 60 second cure time so we went with that. Now a person could still do the 60 seconds as DTGInks has had that as their recommendation from the beginning and DuPont is back to that again I think? A person could also add the same set-up on a poly shirt as DTGInks already works on poly as well and now DuPont may also.

Printed 12 of the same image on the shirts. She cut out one image for a control. Then we washed, cut out one image and placed it in a notebook in those plastic page sleeves. Then washed again, cut out the next image and so on.

After 11 washes, she and several others visually evaluated each sample. Then to be objective we took her to an offset printing shop and they helped us use their densitometer to read the solid CMY and K in our design on the control, the last wash, and two in between. This gave us an objective number rather than just a visual. It was quite fun and educational. I'll put in the link to the posts on the original results or comparison. Anyone game to do it now?

http://www.inkjetgarmentprinters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4162
( I think I posted it on this forum too but I forgot where and a search didn't turn it up right away)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Exactly what I meant. I had not seen it published for the general public and the distributor that sold my Flexi did not provide that information to the customers. If that information had been provided it would have probably saved a ton of frustration on the DuPont users part. I used R & H back then so it did not affect me personally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.