T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for many months now and I feel I have read everything there is to read and quite honestly, I think I am more confused now than I was at first! LOL

There is just so much information on this board, that I have allowed myself to be confused. If anyone would like to offer any advice, I would be much obliged.

My husband and I have developed various different "funny" slogans for an up and coming medical field. There are absolutely NO shirts developed anywhere for this line of medical professionals so I feel that we have a special niche. We are wanting to start a website and send out postcard to all of the centers that employee these certain medical professionals. I think I am good on all that, but I just am confused about the prinitng part. Should I outsource? Should I invest in a heating press? Who do I outsource with if I do outsource? Any suggestions? Our designs are detailed, so I think I would have to go with DTG over screenprinting-how much should that cost? I got an estimate today and it was about $2-3 more than I though it would be.

I know that I just covered a lot of questions all at once, but HELP?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Lovebug, Detailed is not the key as to DTG or Screen Print, Number of colors is. The more colors the more screens required, unless its 4 color process. Will they be tee shirts or scrubs, color of either would help us answer as well as how many of each design to see if heat press is an option.
John

PS Welcome

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for many months now and I feel I have read everything there is to read and quite honestly, I think I am more confused now than I was at first! LOL

There is just so much information on this board, that I have allowed myself to be confused. If anyone would like to offer any advice, I would be much obliged.

My husband and I have developed various different "funny" slogans for an up and coming medical field. There are absolutely NO shirts developed anywhere for this line of medical professionals so I feel that we have a special niche. We are wanting to start a website and send out postcard to all of the centers that employee these certain medical professionals. I think I am good on all that, but I just am confused about the prinitng part. Should I outsource? Should I invest in a heating press? Who do I outsource with if I do outsource? Any suggestions? Our designs are detailed, so I think I would have to go with DTG over screenprinting-how much should that cost? I got an estimate today and it was about $2-3 more than I though it would be.

I know that I just covered a lot of questions all at once, but HELP?
I think ypou need to investigate more about DTG printing. If you do it your self the cost would set you back thousands and you would have to do many hundreds of shirts a month to even think about breakig even in a year. If you want my advice i would figure out what "slogans" you want to have you want printed. Then get a heat press. Then have your "Slogans" pre printed on plastisol transfers. Then if you get an order for a perticular slogan then you press that slogon on to a tee. You don't have to job it out... you don't have to spoend thousands on DTG machine. You don't have to buy screen printing equipment. You don't have to buy stock in tee shirts that may not sell. So if you get an order for slogan one you pick up the transfer and place it on the color and size of the shirt the customer wishes. it is that easy. And as for stock I can get stock with 24 hours and so can you. Don't put a lot of money into inventory.. Hope this helps... Lou

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want my advice i would figure out what "slogans" you want to have you want printed. Then get a heat press. Then have your "Slogans" pre printed on plastisol transfers. ...... you don't have to spend thousands on DTG machine.
So if you get an order for slogan one you pick up the transfer and place it on the color and size of the shirt the customer wishes. it is that easy. And as for stock I can get stock with 24 hours and so can you. Don't put a lot of money into inventory.. Hope this helps... Lou
[/quote]
Cheers Lou your posts are m ost helpful...wondering if you can help me navigate my way thru some of the lingo....???plastisol transfers??? are these a different thing to using JPSS or Ironall transfers....how do they each differ?? My aim is to start out by sourcing a decent paper for my inkjet (just a basic HewlettPackard) Is there a better outcome from laser or inkjet printers?? Need to then upgrade and get a more suitable printer..the ink question has me scratching my head??
am using an iron to press at the moment and looking to get a heat press but do not have huge $$$ any suggestions....jsut looking to do tshirts with vintage images and photos of just stuff on t's.
Thinking what I want to do is basic but the detail of info to wade thru is HUGE! and after hours of reading still feel like i have a zillion questions?
Wish there was just a basic starter info kit to refer to really!!
any light you could shed on things would be much appreciated. cheers kate!!:confused::eek:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If you want my advice i would figure out what "slogans" you want to have you want printed. Then get a heat press. Then have your "Slogans" pre printed on plastisol transfers. ...... you don't have to spend thousands on DTG machine.
So if you get an order for slogan one you pick up the transfer and place it on the color and size of the shirt the customer wishes. it is that easy. And as for stock I can get stock with 24 hours and so can you. Don't put a lot of money into inventory.. Hope this helps... Lou
Cheers Lou your posts are m ost helpful...wondering if you can help me navigate my way thru some of the lingo....???plastisol transfers??? are these a different thing to using JPSS or Ironall transfers....how do they each differ?? My aim is to start out by sourcing a decent paper for my inkjet (just a basic HewlettPackard) Is there a better outcome from laser or inkjet printers?? Need to then upgrade and get a more suitable printer..the ink question has me scratching my head??
am using an iron to press at the moment and looking to get a heat press but do not have huge $$$ any suggestions....jsut looking to do tshirts with vintage images and photos of just stuff on t's.
Thinking what I want to do is basic but the detail of info to wade thru is HUGE! and after hours of reading still feel like i have a zillion questions?
Wish there was just a basic starter info kit to refer to really!!
any light you could shed on things would be much appreciated. cheers kate!!:confused::eek:[/quote]sent you a PM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my thread got hijacked! LOL I am only doing tees at this point. Scrubs may come down the line, but just tees for right now. And only a small quantity on white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts