T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TSF Members,

I just received an email blast about the new DyeTrans GX7000 Sublimation Printer offered by Conde. This may be the answer you have been looking for! :)

Below is a snippet about the GX7000 printer. The unit itself is $768.00 though Conde is offering two starter kits with this printer and other equipment.

"Introducing the first non-Epson printer supported by Condé Systems: the new DyeTrans™ GX7000! Surpassing laser printers in speed, the GX7000 with the Ricoh™ engine is a streamlined desktop unit, with sensible and simple design features, like the LCD panel placed over the cartridge panel, all easily accessible by operators. Our ICC Profiles support Windows 98 and up and include the Macintosh platform.

A GEL printer, it uses special formula ink in a bag in cartridge set. No bulk feed system needed.
"

You can read more about this unit here. I am not well versed on Dye Sub but want to know more about it as the new year moves in.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend is giving to me his gx7000. He got it from a regular store (not sublimation store) Can I still use the sublimation ink cartridges and the color correction software and voila...I just buy the media from the sublimation store...can I do that? it is going to work ok? Pleeeeease let me know...thank you :)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

I have been busy with the new Dyetrans GX7000.
Happy to answer questions.

I have lived with the printer now for many months and have found it to be excellent and
speed is amazing. I really like the extra trays for supporting different paper types and sizes.
The multi-purpose tray provides my favorite size of 13" x 19".

I am currently studying all the tech manuals. In my past life I spent some time with the Ricoh folks in Japan. I wonder if they are still there?

My bottom line take: This is the most exciting thing since the introduction of the Epson 4000. Which
in my mind was the first real epson printer for the desktop.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It has the same functionallity as an Epson Inkjet printer, so to clean a clog, you run a head clean utility in the driver. That being said, in the months that we have been using the printer, we have not had problems with clogging up to this point. So far it has performed very well.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
We now have sold a fair number of Dyetrans GX7000 printers. I am doing many installations each day and
I am asking for daily feedback. Most clients are seeing no issues at all. I have had two clients that did
need to do a cleaning after a incomplete nozzle check. Both of these clients were turning their printer
off. I strongly recommend leaving the printer on all the time. It will go to sleep as needed.

I think that this printer and all inkjet printers may be subject to strong changes in barometric pressure
causing the ink to move around in the tubes.

My conclusion at this point is the GX7000 performs quite a bit better than small epson printers. It is at
least on par with the epson 4000 series and above.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Dyetrans GX7000 Computer Support details:

We support the following platforms:

Powerdriver: Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32 bit only
Ricoh Driver with DyeTrans ICC profile: MAC OSX, Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32 & 64 bit

The current version of the Powerdriver does not support the two extra trays and the
13 x19 paper size available with the Multi Tray. So the Ricoh driver with our profile
must be used. Sawgrass is working to add that support to the Powerdriver.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have now done about 23 mac OSX installs and they gone smoothly. We install the Dyetrans GX7000 profile and then choose the profile in your application and then we set up the driver. Color is excellent.
I can provide references as requested. I think it best not to post clients information.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The cost of the ink is about $110 per cartridge. 68ml in the black cart and 60 ml in cmy.
I am still working out the converstion rate of the gel formula compared to liquid. I would say that it would seem to be at least a factor of 1.2, that is gel goes 20% further than liquid.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I too am considering one of these units for sublimation. I have been speaking with Ben at Conde. So far he has been helpful in my decision making process.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went ahead and purchased a GX unit today. Two things pushed me in that direction, the ability to use Mac OS and software to print ( I have been using Parallels for Sublimation and its been a pain) and the indication, which I hope is true, less clogging of the print heads. The latter will save me enough money to pay for this printer. I hoping I will also have less color matching problems.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.