T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I started a new company back in July, called Home Page

I'm selling funny screen printed shirts as my primary focus. So please let me know what you think and if anyone with alot of experience has any suggestions for marketing thats cheap i'm all ears!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Called "Home Page", eh? :) So, first thing is you should change your Title tags to the name of your company.

The image in the top header has been warped - it's kind of disconcerting, and it's the first thing anyone looking at your site will see.

The green on blue header text is quite unpleasant to read.

The Barack in your Obama shirt looks more like Johnny Carson.

Your company name and the feel of the website both make me think 'blanks supplier' but the product you're selling is retail/decorated. I don't think you're portraying the image you want to portray for your company. Given the content of your shirts the whole thing looks too corporate.

As a template your site is okay, but it needs more personalisation.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice about the tags. I also changed the header so it was easier to read, but still boldenough to get my point across. As far as the image being warped...I've already been working on that a little, I have a friend who takes all the photographs and she's been working up something for me so that will change soon.

As far as my appearance looking more wholesale than retail? I'm not sure how you see that. Not to doubt your ability to see these kind of things, but I'm not sure whats giving you that impression. I know the website is far from perfect, but with a limited budget and limited knowledge of website design it has improved over the life of the websites(if you saw previous versions you might shutter!). Every website has its flaws, no doubt.

Called "Home Page", eh? :) So, first thing is you should change your Title tags to the name of your company.

The image in the top header has been warped - it's kind of disconcerting, and it's the first thing anyone looking at your site will see.

The green on blue header text is quite unpleasant to read.

The Barack in your Obama shirt looks more like Johnny Carson.

Your company name and the feel of the website both make me think 'blanks supplier' but the product you're selling is retail/decorated. I don't think you're portraying the image you want to portray for your company. Given the content of your shirts the whole thing looks too corporate.

As a template your site is okay, but it needs more personalisation.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Your homepage and your store don't look the same, which may alarm some buyers.

If you click on the forum link and go to the forum, there's no way to click back to the main site. You have to close the window and click on the other tab.

Right now it looks like you have three separate sites, the home page, the store and the forum. You need to integrate those more.

Also, the pictures of your product need to showcase the model less and the product more. Right now you click on the picture, then you get basically the same picture with a description of the product and a price and then you can click again to get a larger picture. When you click for a larger picture, you still have an issue viewing the actual design. The pictures of the model are nice, but you're not selling the model, you're selling the t-shirt. People need to be able to get a good idea of what your design looks like before they'll buy.

· Registered
388 Posts
looks like different sites for each page almost?? veryyy confusing when i click on one of the shirts on your homepage it brings up a slide show rather than giving me a detailed description of the product or how to buy it?? and all you pictures look alittle stretched or distorted, which may be the grid or the table that youre using but overall the layout of your site is very boring.. you have some funny designs but your website fails to deliver..

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys.
Hearing everyones opinion has helped me make an important decision to spend alot more money focusing on my website. I have purchased Adobe Dreamweaver immediately, so hopefully soon I'll have a better looking site!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.