T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I'm Myron:D
I had a clothing line before where i bought t shirts at a premium. (drive to L.A. spend $600. find a screen printer sell all shirts and repeat process. (silly huh?) at age 40 this will become my lifes work (clothing line)
this time I'd like to buy bulk (where?). Shirts and hoody's with designs starting at the shoulders going all the to the bottom of the shirt?? screen print or heat transfer???? do i want to try to buy equiptment a.s.a.p (what kind equiptment) or find a foreign factory that does it all? does it cost extra to pick up your goods at the shipping yard? customs ,duties,ect. so many questions thats why i joined you all..to learn..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Slowwwwwwwwww down!!! You can buy shirts from www.broderbros.com or one of the sponsors from the left. If you starting out you may consider utilizing transfers to keep cost down. You also get to apply the transfers on the side, back, shoulder or wherever you choose. The first investment I would make is a good heat press. I just purchased a demo 16x 20 from www.imprintables.com (Josh).

1. Get your designs.
2. Get your heatpress.
3. Get your orders.
4. Get your transfers.
5. Get your shirts.
Keep repeating 3-4!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
If this is going to be your career, make sure get make it legitimate. Get your business license from the state and a seller's permit from your county. From there, once a sellers permit is processed, you will receive a tax ID number, in which you can set up accounts with wholesalers to get cheap apparel prices (shirts, sweatshirts etc. etc. (check out sanmar.com)).

Once you get that (you may need to go to the county to file for a fictitious name to prevent legal problems with your brand name), thats when you can start thinking about what kind of process you want.. Screenprinting or heat transfer. Look at the majority of your designs. Are they multi color work more than 5 colors? What's your budget to starting this line up? Would it be cheaper to outsource the shirts? you have a bunch of questions and research.

After you know what you need, its time to start trucking. Get those designs out and print those shirts. And that's all you have to deal with. Once setup costs are settled, you're pretty much good to go until you want to call it quits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts