T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All! I'm one of the new kids...

I have a small business making and selling hand-sewn items, as well as teaching sewing to teens, tweens and adults. I did a lot this summer with preprinted tees that the kids embellished with fabric and they were a big hit! However, the process of using an iron on my granite countertop to apply transfers is totally inefficient and drives me bonkers. If I could have back all the tees I trashed by applying inconsistent pressure and heat, I might be a millionaire right now (or at least have a nice downpayment on a good press).

So, I'm looking at the Stahl's Mighty Press Lite. Any feedback? Any vendors you all would recommend?
I sincerely doubt I'll be transferring anything bigger than 8.5 x 11 any time in the next 5 years.

I also need to get a decent printer. I have an Epson CX3800 that is as old as the hills and does not print true to color. Any recommendations? And do any of you use specialized inks for fabric transfers? Or does the *real* secret lie in the choice of transfer?

Thanks, all... this is a great forum, and I'm glad I found you! :D

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welcome to the forums glad to have you
I have a hix press so I cannot say about the others, but someone here will know. I also do not do transfers but I DID do some fabric transfers for someone because the dtg would not work on her fabric because it had flowers and such and she was having pictures on it so she had me do some fabric`transfers so she could sew them on and I just used my printer with durabrite inks and they looked great. Cannot tell you how they wash though.

I know I am not a lot of help but welcome to the forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts