T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I just joined the site after finding so much useful information circulating around here. I was reading a post about a week ago that I can't find that outlines simply in maybe 5 points of what is needed for the basic set up of a company. In terms of registering business name, trademark logo, tax number and all that good stuff. I really just need the basic business and legal steps/outline just for the business so I know everything is covered. If any can point me in the right direction of the post or answer my question that would be fabulous :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi welcome to the t shirt forums! Registering a business name is fairly easy, as well as filing for your tax numbers (check out your state's government page for information, you might be able to even do it online!). Trademark logo is really pricey and steep. If you file yourself for a trademark, its about 325-375, and that's if you even get it. Alot of times, you can get rejected, so alot of people hire lawyers to do it which is about a grand. If you really wanted one, theres on link under "resources" on the left panel that has a trademark search. And you can start from there, there are instructions and whatnot on that site.

·
2,957 Posts
VI Baby said:
Hi everybody, I just joined the site after finding so much useful information circulating around here. I was reading a post about a week ago that I can't find that outlines simply in maybe 5 points of what is needed for the basic set up of a company. In terms of registering business name, trademark logo, tax number and all that good stuff. I really just need the basic business and legal steps/outline just for the business so I know everything is covered. If any can point me in the right direction of the post or answer my question that would be fabulous :)
Hello, and welcome!:)

Read through a couple of these threads. They should help you out.;)

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2169

Also, you can do a search on the site for "copyright" and "trademark". You can find some good info if you do that, and some VERY interesting reading!

If you can't find what you need just let me know and I'll try to help.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
If you find the thread again, be sure to use the THREAD TOOLS > Subscribe to this Thread link that is at the top of the thread to save it.

:welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I did find the thread and subscribed to it. You guys are awesome around here :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts