T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys !!
Im new in this industry and i have some question about it.
i already bougth the printer also the cricut easypress 2.
i was traying to sublimate Gildan tshirt but!! they are 100% Cotton and the final result is horrible.
So... i have 2 option rigth now.
Option 1)
Make all my tshirt with 100% poly but the problem with these shirts feels like a sportwear and that is not the concept of my brand ( Street Wear)

Option 2)
I reserch on internet and i found a product for make a sublimation in cotton the name is something like
(Spray Bright - Sublimation Spray - Easy Subblimation on 100% Cotton )
I want to know if somebody has tried that product.... What was the experience.

Also i want a know if somebody know about goods poly tshirts with good quality.

If somebody had the same problem what was your the solution ?

(My apologies for my english )

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
There are 100% polyester tees that feel like cotton. Look for the term jersey knit. For example Jerzees 21M. Every major t-shirt brand either has one or is coming out with one.

Sublimation spray does not work very well and will fade quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 100% polyester tees that feel like cotton. Look for the term jersey knit. For example Jerzees 21M. Every major t-shirt brand either has one or is coming out with one.

Sublimation spray does not work very well and will fade quickly.
Thanks Joe Your comment was helpful.
Now i will buy some t shirt Jerzees 21M and i going to make some test.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
There is another option, sort of a middle ground. You could use a Poly/Cotton blend. Something like a 65% Poly / 35% cotton will give the print (after a wash) a sort of Vintage look. This can work well, if the art itself is something that would look good/intentional printed in that manner, as opposed to looking like it printed poorly.

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
There is another option, sort of a middle ground. You could use a Poly/Cotton blend. Something like a 65% Poly / 35% cotton will give the print (after a wash) a sort of Vintage look. This can work well, if the art itself is something that would look good/intentional printed in that manner, as opposed to looking like it printed poorly.
This is my favorite way to sublimate unless I am doing the shiny 'dri-fit' style shirts. You lose 35% of your ink but it does give the garment that vintage, had-forever look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts