T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the industry and am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a friend working on my site and says to not worry...the shirts will sell. I have invested some money not a lot but it is the first business I have ever started and am nervous I will not make my money back.

Does anyone have any advise, suggestions etc. how many shirts to people sell on a average day when starting out? (just web-site, not retail store)

How do you find out if a image has a copyright and if it does how do you go about getting permission to use that image or product?

Desperate for suggestions.

Andrea:confused:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I can answer the copyright question. Do you own designs and your safe. Almost all the stuff you find on the internet will have some copyright or they say they do.. Why risk it. You can find images on sites that will sell the right to use. Not the copyright.

·
Registered
950 Posts
It is true that everything you see was created by someone. That someone has a copyright. No one needs to file for a copyright to have rights, but it does help.

The tricky part is finding out who really has the rights if you plan on asking permission to use the design or idea. If you can figure that out, then all you have to do is ask for permission to use the design or image or whatever it is. Explain what you want to do with it, and they will basically say yes or no.

Some companies or individuals will have some hoops for you to jump through, or requirements for you to meet in order to use their stuff. Others have size and color restrictions. Some take into account tastefulness or product quality. It can vary greatly, since each copyright holder can decide how or why they would let you use their idea or image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts