T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am looking at registering and starting a new tshirt/ art related business in the UK at the end of March. It has been a NIGHTMARE coming up with a company name, but I think I have finally decided on one :)

What I wanted to know was how I go about registering my business? I have been to the Companies House website and carried out a search on company names, and it appears the name I want to go with is available. What is the next stage? Do I need to register with companies house and register this company name, then go to the GOV.UK website and register for self assessment?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am currently getting it in the neck from the other half to get this sorted!

Thank You :)

· Registered
34 Posts
I personally went with Ltd company and found that it was a very bad decision on my part. Unless you are going to own a shop or turn over above £45,000 or so right away. Sole trader is most likely for you. But seek professional advice 100% you can usually get a free hour with an accountant, just watch that they don't bamboozle you into paying them something. Or there is usually a local body set up to help people in your position free of charge. In Edinburgh we have the business gateway. Hope this helps :)

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Have had very similar advice recently about registering as a sole trader, so this is what I've decided to do. Just struggling at the moment to make sure the company name I've chosen is OK to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.