T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples, new to the forum and looking for feedback on a new brand being launched. constructive critiscism welcome.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice site although it's hard to read the font for some reason. Just gotta work on how to shameless promote yourself in forums and you're good to go :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wich font are you talking about? and no I havn't. I have the actual shirt i am getting a photographer to snap some pics. thanks for feed back. its good to know what your doing and if it is right or wrong

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Why is the page in frames. There is no reason for this. Do it all with one html page. I dont like how the font turns bold on hover, on your menu, since all of the text moves. I also dont like the times new roman font. I would change it to arial to give it a sleeker look. Overall, you have some good design ideas here, but it is very sloppy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i did the site with shopfactory 6 and this is the only way i could of have done it not knowing a great deal of html. im not a web designer, so i dont know the ins and outs yet. its a basic program, what do you mean by sloppy?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums, 8point5brand.

I for one appreciate you not going the shameless self promotion route :)

There's been a bit too much of that around here lately.

Your site design is attractive, but the frame usage makes it a bit hard to navigate, and not very search engine friendly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i read a post about a bad site that offered a free shirt with two other purchaces on their site, they slated it saying that deliveries weren't made and their P.R was real bad. was that you? i'd do some research if it wasn't because they made it sound pretty bad, and my first thought on looking at your home page was that it might be you????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
first off that was not my site with the bad PR. when you actually order 2 shirts or 1 hoodie its automatic, it adds the free shirt to your order invoice, would never miss it, sorry. and as far as being similar to 8point5.com, there shouldnt be legal problems because we are 8point5clothing.com and we have had the url for a while and havent had any problems. and Rodney tell me about the frame problem you mentioned. im not a web designer. i used a program that was simple. i dont know that much html. so if you have a suggestion on how i can change the frames that would be great. and on the promoting issue, where is a good place to promote on the web? we bought an ad on www.t-shirtcountdown.com hope that helps.thanks for you feed back. more is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What Rodney is talking about is that your website uses frames. There are many reasons not to use frames; perhaps the most important being that many search engines, including Google, will NOT index a frame-based webpage past the first page. They also don't look very good, cause problems with bookmarking or linking subpages, and more.

I'd suggest you learn some basic html - it really is pretty simple stuff - and start looking at alternatives to frames like SSI (which is very easy to implement) or php (which takes a bit more to learn how to use and implement).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts