T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to sublimation and this is my story.
I converted my Epson Workforce 7720 to sublimation. I cleaned the jets and interior of the printer to almost factory new. I installed a CISS and inventoried the CISS with InkXpro sublimation ink. I am using 120g Sublimation Paper (11x17) as well as 120g Sublimation Paper (13x19).

My heat press is a 15x15 Homedex and based upon the enclosed recommended setting, I am pressing at 355°F for 50s.

I am using 100% polyester shirts, but have not been successful at getting a transfer. My Sublimation Paper seems a bit burned after pressing and there is a very slight amount of ink that has blended into the shirt, but nothing like what is supposed to be the end result.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Try a different piece of polyester fabric, or a coaster, aluminium sheet, placemat etc to determine whether the fault lies with the printer or the substrate.

If you get no prints on these then your ink is definitely not sublimation ink, no matter what it says on the bottle.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Post a photo of the printed sublimation paper before and after pressing.

Also, hopefully you are pressing the paper printed side down (facing the shirt).
I know this may sound silly... but people have tried pressing it printed side up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I failed to mention that the shirt is black. The protection paper is parchment.

I know that I have made several errors in doing this…..and I am learning (the hard way).

I tried both sides of the Sub-Paper….there is a logo watermark on one side of the paper….I tried that side anyway.

inwill be printing to white coasters today….finger’s crossed

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I failed to mention that the shirt is black. The protection paper is parchment.

I know that I have made several errors in doing this…..and I am learning (the hard way).

I tried both sides of the Sub-Paper….there is a logo watermark on one side of the paper….I tried that side anyway.

inwill be printing to white coasters today….finger’s crossed
Ah, then you got it sorted out. Your substrate has to be lighter than the ink you are printing or it won't be visible. Same as what would happen if you ran a piece of black paper through your printer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you wonderful people for the help.
As suggested, I went to Michael’s Craft Store and purchased some of those Blank Coasters.
Everything worked great!

I’ll have to adjust some colors to be able to print on Whit shirts…..but all is right in the world again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts