T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking to make a small clothing line for this summer, I need all the advice and tips I can get. As well as a designer to make a logo. The style of my clothing would be in the same categories as Dfynt and Neff.

Is it better to learn how to make designs myself or should I pay someone to do it? I have them all down on paper, I am just not able to do them in photoshop or whatever program.

Also if someone has experience with sleeves, like different patterns for sleeves please let me know!

Thank you!

· Registered
743 Posts
If you don't already have a copy of these books, I think you'd find them really useful for getting of to a good start.

How to Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit. This was just updated this year. You can get it from T-Biz Network.

Launching a Kick-*** T-Shirt Brand. This one's available from T-Shirt Magazine - The Premier T-Shirt Site.

With regard to doing your own art or getting someone to help you, my two cents worth is that you'd be way better off paying someone to help you with your artwork until you have the time to learn Illustrator or PhotoShop and, if you find that you aren't good at or don't like working with the software, then continue to hire out your artwork. Concentrate on what you're best at and love to do. Get people to help you with the rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.