T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a great forum and thank you to all who contribute! My business is small but growing embroidery/HTV and Screen printing and we are in need of estimation software.

We researched the following: Printava, YoPrint, Teesom and Hoops CRM.

We have narrowed the search to YoPrint and Teesom.
1. What are your likes and dislikes, if you are using one of the two?
2. How have your experience been with the software you are using?
3. Did you switch software or was this the 1st time using a estimation software?
4. Please share any other issues, concerns or information that could be helpful

Thank you in advance for your help!

CAE by FSS

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
We actually do our quotes based on a shop rate. We do take cost of materials for the job into account but we want $XXX per hour profit (yes, it is in the hundreds of dollars, this is a business, not a job) on net (materials only) which gives us a nice profit on Net/Net/Net (materials/overhead/taxes). The customer always pays for waste if we are doing something that is "by the yard".

Doing it this way we don't need to pay for software do make a calculation. It is pretty straight forward. We just use a spreasheet to calc it all out.

So here is an example that we actually did.

900 face coverings cost: $2
Prints, a few pennies each
Printing time: 300 prints per hour x2 (one person prepping, one printing at the same time)
Sales price: $4

Total net profit was $1800 for 6 hours of labor but done at the same time so we could realize a per hour profit of just under $600 or per person it was $300 on Net/Net (materials plus prints/electricty plus rent not including labor. Taxes were not considered for this job but you get the point.)

So my question to you is if you are estimating on costs, are you leaving money on the table? Not all of our jobs are this profitable on a margin but many are based on dollars per hour worked such as an embroidery machine or printer that can run unattended while something else is being done. Do either of these softwares do that for you?

Reactions: into the T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. In addition to estimation, I am looking for a software that my staff can see the workflow of orders or anyone on the team can see at anytime where we are in the order process. I also am looking for a software that is professional in appearance and trackable. I am not just looking for the software to do estimation.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
We use a whiteboard. Quick and easy, updated daily or as jobs finish or are added. You can use multiple whteboards each for artwork, pre press, press, finish, shipping and invoicing but one board will work if you just put some checkmarks on the job. I know, low fidelity but inexpensive, can't be hacked unless someone has a finger or paper towel to erase something and is always at least as current as software that someone has to enter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts